Pain pill abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another one who doesn't get the whole point. lol

So butthurt because I don't coddle the whiners.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

"Butthurt?" What an idiotic thing to say. The tactic of one who knows his argument doesn't hold water.

The point of this discourse is to complain about government interfering in the lives of citizens, when the government itself is beyond redemption.

Govt has no right to tell me what to do with my life, any more than it has no right to tell me what guns I can own.

I don't take xanax, et al, but for you to suck down your scotch and simultaneously condemn (someone else) for taking xanax is hypocritical.

Last edited:

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Boy nemesis is taking it to a personal level. You are surely hurt by someone speaking about those who abuse prescription pain killers.

It degenerated into a philisophical discussion re govt interference in our lives. Drugs. Guns. Taxes. It's all a part of the same corrupt system.

I don't drink. I don't do drugs. But if I wanted to, it's not govt's business. Period. If I want to own a post 1986 manufactured Tommy Gun, govt has no right to say otherwise. Unfortunately however, govt has stepped in and said such is illegal.

That's the point.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful now... getting awfully close to passing judgement on me personally when you don't know a darn thing about me personally. lol :D

Having a few drinks, which is legal, in a responsible manner, is a far cry from prescription drug abuse. I don't care if anyone wants to have a few drinks after whatever work they do. As long as they do it responsibly and don't cause problems for others doing it. And I don't. And now you've migrated the conversation from chronic pain management of those who need it to using such drugs "recreationally". Hmm.... interesting segue...

AWWW ****, you have no decency ya said ya didnt, How are we gonna trust that your Responsible?

And I compared drug use to drug (alcohol is a drug after all) use , from the begining, one addict is No different than another , same results, same treatment.

I didnt ask for your help, I just got irked at the unthoughtout comment (thats long form for iggy) and now im gonna delete this and leave .....;)

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Careful now... getting awfully close to passing judgement on me personally when you don't know a darn thing about me personally. lol :D

Lay off the "lol" and :D. It's a lame attempt to de-escalate dialogue. And I do know a "darn thing" about you personally. You stated you'll have a few drinks because of the rigors of your job. In my book, that's just as much drug abuse as those you accuse. See how it works?

Having a few drinks, which is legal, in a responsible manner, is a far cry from prescription drug abuse.

According to who? You? See, that's the slippery slope. One person says xanax is bad. (And no, I don't take xanax.) Another says booze is bad. (No, I don't drink either.)

But the same govt that outlawed xanax can, and and at one time did, outlaw booze.

They exceeded their rightful authority, and that's the issue.

Government needs to tend to governing, and to stop trying to impose their arbitrary and hypocritical laws on its citizens. We long ago gave them that latter power, and they've been abusing it ever since.

dugsok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful now... getting awfully close to passing judgement on me personally when you don't know a darn thing about me personally. lol
lol-lol who really cares

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work as a Medic in Lawton. I can see both sides. There are many many young people prescribed strong pain meds that 30 years ago the Doc would have told you to grow a pair. We have to be very careful when we give narc's. You would be surprised how people hide fentanyl patches. They call basicly looking for a bigger high. I have had to get people dang near naked to find all the patches. And there are people that really need management. Be careful with the tramadol. I have seen it cause seizures. Regards.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not exactly, NSAID'S Non Steroidal Anti Inflamitory Drugs help to keep the inflamitation down , so they do partly fix the problems, the relief comes from the opium base mixed in with it.
Because too much NSAIDS can indeed cause stomach and liver , kidney problems.

They recently moved trammadol up to a class 3 I believe, that may be where the prob is, I dont know what else is taken and I am not a Doc, just my experience... :)

Most Doc's can prescribe , many wont though, especially for long periods, need pain management for this.
IDR what schedule Tramadol is. There are a few problems with it. First, it can and will cause seizures in a small(ish) number of patients. Second, it can cause respiratory depression. Finally, it has been abused. A lot lately. Besides the usual suspects, it was Opana for a while. I haven't seen Opana in some time.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget, every person in the state of Oklahoma has their controlled med prescription registered in a state wide database. We put in your info and get a report of all controlled meds you have received in the past 12 months and how many different doctors you may have used, how many different pharmacies, etc.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget, every person in the state of Oklahoma has their controlled med prescription registered in a state wide database. We put in your info and get a report of all controlled meds you have received in the past 12 months and how many different doctors you may have used, how many different pharmacies, etc.

And we should check those stats. My case would be one doc. One pharmacy lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom