Pepper spray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called the Cleveland County DA right after the woman got mugged on campus with OC. The lady gave me the run around so I'm still not sure on the situation.

okla-lawman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oc spray would be classified with assault with a dangerous weapon if you get the right DA or simple assault if you dont. On a Police officer it is different. wheither attacked by his own oc, taser, or another persons, deadly force is allowed as if the officer has been incapacitated his own weapon may very well be used against him. In fact my dept policy spells that out then oc you
glock.

chvylvr350

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J.P. said:
****Direct thread rip-off from Glocktalk****

"Got to thinking a minute ago.....Ive seen more than one story lately where criminals are using OC or Tazers, to subdue or incapacitate a victim...

IIRC, police can shoot if an attacker takes their OC from them, or if they are being threatened with OC or a Tazer.

Also, I can hear the Lawyer "My client was using a NON LETHAL means of force, and Joe Blow responded with Deadly Force."

So, If you were threatened with OC in a close-up situation, running isnt an option, would you shoot?"

Anyone care to respond?
Michael?

I am not a lawyer or a cop but here is my opinion.

I would imagine that cops are given authorization to shoot because even though the criminal is using less-lethal weapons, it would allow the criminal to obtain a lethal weapon, the cops sidearm. I think that if you shot someone that used a taser or OC on you, you would be justified by the fact that if your armed your life is in danger if they get ahold of your firearm.

David Crockett

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OC spray isn't fun stuff. I have had it used on me. Training! You have to learn how to react while useing it , or have it used on you. I can't justifie shooting. Don't know all details,always two sides. You need to try it on your self. Not fun. If he was that close the person was trying to harm the policeman. It has to wear off and you can aid relief by useing water. DON'T rub what ever you do. DC

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if someone sprays another person with the intent to rob them you can almost bet that your life could be in danger. while they are looking for your wallet they could find your weapon then what happens? if one person shoots another in what they believe is self defense and you can prove that you felt your life was in danger. i am a disabled veteran and due to my disability OC and CS spray will close off my airway so if im in a dark parking lot and someone approachs me with spray and im certain they want me they will be talking to the business end of my glock.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when i was a street officer i carried sabre red, like michael brown, that stuff does the trick.

I bought my wife "body guard" we did some independant testing when i worked at pittsburg county, body guard was the only spary that not only hurt but made our jailer throw up....

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FivePointThree had me right on the cusp of vomiting just from the excess mucous I was gagging on.

Just lettin ya' know.
;)

TwoBravo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lets see here, I carry Sabre 10% OC in a combo Cuff/OC pouch. That's all it really says other than the fine print and BS. It's a black label with a blue stripe. I don't know how well this particular brand works though. However, I do know that the Glock 19 on the right side works. Like some on here I am former law enforcement and was required to get sprayed in the basic academy. However, those jerk instructors hit us all with a Mk. 9 can of liquid Satan. :madbox:

Latest posts

Top Bottom