Pickled eggs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last month i shoved 7 eggs into a jar of Claussen pickles juice. Just tried the first one.

It sucks. After easter ill try something different.

Yeah, after making several batches of my own and tweaking the recipe, etc, I am not surprised simply reusing commercial pickle juice isn't satisfying. I am liking mine, though. :D

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last month i shoved 7 eggs into a jar of Claussen pickles juice. Just tried the first one.

It sucks. After easter ill try something different.

That's exactly what I did, using leftover juice from Claussen Hot n Spicy pickles. I actually liked it and used it to gauge how I might like pickled eggs. As tasty as I thought they were out of leftover pickle juice, I can't wait to see how tasty they are in a homemade brine.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did, using leftover juice from Claussen Hot n Spicy pickles. I actually liked it and used it to gauge how I might like pickled eggs. As tasty as I thought they were out of leftover pickle juice, I can't wait to see how tasty they are in a homemade brine.

They are ridiculously good. I gave some of mine away the other day and they were THOROUGHLY enjoyed.

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny that this thread came up again today. Tried a batch that had been brewing for a couple weeks and yea!

hard boiled eggs, *peeled and punctured with toothpick!*
3 cups distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon mustard seed
1 tablespoon dill seed
1 tablespoon black pepper corn
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1 sliced onion
4-8 cloves garlic

Last edited:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I followed Dustin's recipe last Thursday and have a jar pickling in my fridge as we speak. I'm going to give them another 10 days or so before trying them, but I'm pretty excited. The batch looks delicious and I've been giving the jar some quick turns in order to stir up the ingredients to keep things distributed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom