Pickled eggs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am gonna make another batch this week, I think... I need to try something different. A little hotter, yes... and I like the beets idea, 'cause I'd eat those things too.

Any other suggestions on what to add, folks???

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my test has revealed that little change to color occurs after 10 days. The flavor does intensify, but as previously noted, anything after 14 days, is just playing with it.

I might try Red Bell Peppers in the next batch. Aparagus, or Artichokes could do well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pickled bell peppers are really tasty. I'm working on a jar today

image-1537192352.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put red bell peppers in mine and I love them! A little different texture than the onions and they are really juicy and take on the flavor well.

I LOVE the idea of the carrots and cucumbers! Although... with too much extra stuff, I am gonna lose out on room for more eggs! lol

I don't know that the beets will go well with the carrots and cucumbers... so those may need to be different batches. Either way, I am looking forward to the next ones! The ones I had tonight seemed much spicier than the previous ones out of the same jar... maybe they came from nearer the bottom and some of the spices and hot sauce and jalapeno seeds settled down there. I LIKED IT! :D

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got all my stuff rounded up to get mine going. My mom gave me an old gallon mason jar and I have 3 dozen boiled eggs chilling in the fridge. I'll peel them tomorrow and put all the goodies together. Looking forward to the finished product!

Latest posts

Top Bottom