Pickled hard boiled eggs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be meaningless to you young ones, but ya' never know some of you young ones in the heartland may know what I speak of. But when in Stillwater in the 60's, a very few bars had pickled hard boiled eggs as a supplement, if you will. I loved those things in my day. Always enjoyed them at The Hook on the highway some ways west of Stillwater always had them and the bartender was Max from Lone Wolf. But that is another story. Any people here have a recipe for them. I sure do miss them in my old age.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After we finish a jar of pickles (Best Maid brand), I drop in some hard boiled eggs.
Let them set for a week or two.
Enjoy lightly salted.
A great use for pickle juice.

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Atwoods did have some in stock ( Coweta Atwoods location ) you might check a store near you.
Did you ever try the pickles sausages. They where always next to the eggs at the place I used to frequent.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad spoke of pickled eggs. He said back when he was young and sending most of his money back home to help take care of his seven brothers and sisters that a trip to the bar for a beer actually helped stretch what money he kept for himself. I guess back then bars had pickled eggs and other assorted free snacks to go along with your cold beer.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my recipe, boil and peel two dozen eggs, place in a gallon jar, dump in a jar of jalepeno peppers along with the liquid, top off the jar with white vinegar, screw the lid on and allow the eggs to pickle for at least a couple of days. The longer the eggs stay in the jar the hotter they get! Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom