Pickled hard boiled eggs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad spoke of pickled eggs. He said back when he was young and sending most of his money back home to help take care of his seven brothers and sisters that a trip to the bar for a beer actually helped stretch what money he kept for himself. I guess back then bars had pickled eggs and other assorted free snacks to go along with your cold beer.

They were not free.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my recipe, boil and peel two dozen eggs, place in a gallon jar, dump in a jar of jalepeno peppers along with the liquid, top off the jar with white vinegar, screw the lid on and allow the eggs to pickle for at least a couple of days. The longer the eggs stay in the jar the hotter they get! Hope this helps.

What liquid besides the white vinegar?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he meant the liquid in the jar along with the jalapenos.

I've never tried pickled eggs. They don't sound particularly appetizing, but I'll try most anything once.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad spoke of pickled eggs. He said back when he was young and sending most of his money back home to help take care of his seven brothers and sisters that a trip to the bar for a beer actually helped stretch what money he kept for himself. I guess back then bars had pickled eggs and other assorted free snacks to go along with your cold beer.

They were not free at the Hook nor anyplace that I recall. Do remember in 1970 when I was in Chicago that an upscale bar/restaurant (Mayor's Row) downtown having free horse doervies along with nickel a glass of Schlitz on tap from 4 to 6 PM Monday through Friday, correction only on Wednesdays. We would go in our boots and jeans and all else were in their business suits. After about four weeks they told us we had to wear ties, so we wore our boots, jeans and ties. They did not say anything after that.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are DE-Vine! My wife doesn't like me to eat them, on account of the aftermath. Makes little children pass out, and grown men cry like little children. It also makes my wife hit me, and cuss. I might have to go find some now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom