Pickled hard boiled eggs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. I remember it as being across the street from the old Eskimo Joes, but I may be thinking a block over. I'm talking early to mid 70's. :-) George was a grand ol' man, but everytime someone would begin to get in a fight, he would pull out the pepper spray and then everyone had to leave! It was funny stuff! Lots of cowgirls in tight Wranglers though!

I don't remember if he had pickled eggs, but it would have fit right in with some of the guys that were there.

Maybe not Eskimo Joes. It was right behind the old Gray Fox bar that was there then.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not Eskimo Joes. It was right behind the old Gray Fox bar that was there then.

Eskimo Joes was after my time but I do remember the Gray Fox, was it just west of Millies? In late 60's I worked at Coachman and Slopes, owned by the Hodges, twin brothers, Jim and Joe. Was the Four Winds still there then? In the last half of the 60's that strip there along Washington, Wet Olive, Coachman, etc. sold more Coors per capita than any place else in the country, BUT in those days Coors was sold only west of the Mississippi.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
George's was there when I was there from 1999-2001. At that time is was across the street from Joe's. I wasn't old enough to have ever paid the bars a visit.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now you are bringing back memories from 71-72 time frame... Spent many an evening in the Gray Fox drinking red beer and normally walking back across OSU campus on "wobbly legs". Sure was great to be able to buy beer with that OSU student ID.....

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now you are bringing back memories from 71-72 time frame... Spent many an evening in the Gray Fox drinking red beer and normally walking back across OSU campus on "wobbly legs". Sure was great to be able to buy beer with that OSU student ID.....

Forgot about red beer, had quite a few at the Four Winds on Washington in my early years there, but always had plain beer with my pickled eggs.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember Dad's aftermath from Pickled Eggs. It would make the kids cry too. My brother and I talked about it at the bar about 2 months ago.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot about red beer, had quite a few at the Four Winds on Washington in my early years there, but always had plain beer with my pickled eggs.

I had forgotten about Thursday nights on Washington street..... That was another destination at the time for me. Forget which one of those places we would hang out but they always had a live band that we would normally hang around and listen to until they closed the place down...... Good thing OSU campus police were not of the opinion to throw us in the pokey as we walked back to Wilham dormitory....

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
George's was there when I was there from 1999-2001. At that time is was across the street from Joe's. I wasn't old enough to have ever paid the bars a visit.

Wow! I never would have guessed. George surely had passed on by then. He was old when I was there in the 70's, or he weatherd bad. Old times. Yeah I remember the Coachman and the Mason Jar. I remember being in some little upstairs bar and the police came in and started checking ID's. I was 18 and just got up and walked out. They looked at us like "yeah, it's time." and we walked back to the Cordell dorm. All this seems like a lifetime ago.......and I guess it was!:yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom