Pileated Woodpecker I saw today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hunting in Pawhuska yesterday .. saw two of em .. great timing as I was getting ready to look them up.
they are large birds compared to regular wood peckers. quite the treat watching them at work.

the woods I was in are exceedingly wild, untouched from statehood days .. remnants from Cross Timbers era ..

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I saw one of those 2 days ago. It was early morning and I could only see the silhouette. I have a couple of dead/dying Maple trees that seem to have become woddpecker condos.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one yesterday morning - came and worked over a dead tree by me just a little northeast of Honobia. When I parked my truck to go to my stand there was a bald eagle sitting in the top of lone hard wood tree in a clearcut about 150 yards up the mountain from me.

Cedar Creek

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a pair in the woods behind the house on the southwest edge of Stillwater. Have not been lucky enough to have my camera with me when I have seen them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom