• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Pipe and angle for fabrication project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
bed frame is excellent stuff for fabricating light duty stuff as I know you are aware. Always pick it up when I find it.

Yep I use it often but I have some I can share.
In fact there is a little scrap for free on craigslist in okc I think 3 old steel hospital beds.
I almost want to go get them.
Almost.

But at this point I have way too much stuff in my yard and need to thin it down a lot.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
B351237B-A41F-46AA-B950-6284EACE2322.jpeg

Got a small pile of old pipe fencing. It’s not much but it’s free if anybody wants it. Located in SW Oklahoma close to Meers

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I don't have a truck so short pieces are best.
My first thought when I read this is you must not be from around here.

And then I thought city boy wants to play with pipe.
Here is my old place and some DOM tubing i purchased for my 69 Camaro to build a cage.
And that is 21 foot sticks in my 82 hatchback if you could not tell and what is a rotisserie???

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 22

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All that concrete on them I see why it is still there.
These pieces were in a field that I bought about 6 months ago. The grass was about 4 to 5 foot high when purchased, and I didn’t even know they were there until the grass was cut for baling. Unfortunately, the pieces were found the hard way. The concrete is still there because I assume the posts and concrete were pulled out of the ground at some point. I just piled it all up and haven’t touched it since.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have brought home a lot of pipe with concrete on the ends like the ones in the picture.
Sledge hammer removes it.
I use the concrete pieces as filler in post holes i dig and use it in the bottom of trash cans the city picks up.
Stick some in the bottom to add weight to push out the other trash that is prone to sticking.

I also use the concrete chunks to hold up welded wire or rebar when I am pouring a concrete pad.
Many uses for that pile of debris.

I was in a pinch and needed new handles for my post hole diggers and i was not going back with wood.

I resorted to galvanized rigid pipe and 1 10 foot stick cost me 31 bucks.
That was last year.
Steel is expensive and when you find some withing driving distance for free it is a good bet you will save money getting it even if there is concrete attached to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom