Primary choice of home defense weapon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primary weapon for home defense?

• Pistol (9mm and smaller)

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • Pistol (357Sig and larger)

Votes: 55 22.2%
  • Shotgun (any action)

Votes: 86 34.7%
  • Rifle (so-called "assault", AR15, semi-auto)

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Rifle (bolt,single shot, other action)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Depends on situtation

Votes: 37 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I do not believe civilians should have the right to own a gun, I think the best defense would be to grab my cell phone, crawl under the bed and notify the police so that they can handle the situation. What in the heck are these ARs that people keep speaking of???

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I do not believe civilians should have the right to own a gun, I think the best defense would be to grab my cell phone, crawl under the bed and notify the police so that they can handle the situation. What in the heck are these ARs that people keep speaking of???

While your under that bed, might as well call the morge, and funeral home, maybe they'll give you a still living discount.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tran said:
In close quarters nothing equals a shot gun and double 00 buck shot.... And it you say anything different you're full of BS or you dont have a clue in my opinion.

For target destruction I don't disagree. My shotgun with 00buck is #3 on my list of guns to grab behind #1 high cap 9mm pistol followed by AR15 with 30rnd mag.

I would need to carry an infant to safety so firing my 12ga effectively one handed is not something easily done. It's a pump so that is working against me too.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted other, I don't limit myself to just 1. I've got my .45 on me most all the time, but there have been freak instances, for example I got out of the shower once when I was home alone with the kids(already in bed) I left my .45 in the bathroom and went to the closet to change, I had just got off the phone with my wife and she said she was just leaving Tulsa(actually she had just pulled in the driveway while I was in the shower, heard me in the shower and decided to try and scare me, bad idea) well I'm getting dressed in our closet, barely had my underware on when I heard footsteps and first thing to go through my head was what a dumbass leaving my pistol in the bathroom. I panic a little thinking all my other serious guns are locked up, but I had my remmy speedmaster .22 loaded in the corner of the closet so I grab it and set out to get to the kids room, when I rounded the corner out of the bedroom my wife got the shock of her life and realized she shouldn't try and scare me... I didn't let her know but I was scared sheetless thinking I was about to have to use a .22 to protect my kids. As soon as I seem her I was pissed, at least she knows better than to try that again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom