Questions about AR's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really getting the bug for an AR...I am thinking of selling my AK and whatever ammo I have for it to help fund an AR. Now I'm not looking to spend a lot, but want something decent for the money...somewhere around $700-800...now....is that feasable? Would it be a lil cheaper if I was to buy a lower and an upper seperatly? Or am I crazy to think i could get a decent one in that price range?

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went through Marks pages. He definitely has some good prices.....Mike, I really would enjoy building one up. Which is the way I'm leaning now. Pick up a lower...shop around for an upper and then accesories, maybe have you do a lil "touch up". I got to check out "the beast"...that thing looked wicked. Thing is, I have no clue when it comes to ARs...never even fired one.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark is the way to go for an entry level AR. Assembling a rifle will get you more for your money and you can spread the build out as funds allow. Now finding quality parts, or really any parts, at this time is a lot tougher than it was pre-Obama.

AR's are nice BTW

Dustin98SS1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark is the way to go for an entry level AR. Assembling a rifle will get you more for your money and you can spread the build out as funds allow. Now finding quality parts, or really any parts, at this time is a lot tougher than it was pre-Obama.

AR's are nice BTW

Yep , pre-Obama you could get a decent Ar for around the price your looking for. Just remember if you go cheap that is what you'll get. My first Ar was an entry level Olympic Arms. It sucked. Next had a rock river and it was great. i sold that for a wedding ring I would later no longer need, and now I have a colt 6920. I love it. Check local and gunbroker. You can get a nice one for around 900. You could buy a nice lower, save up some more money and get a nice upper instead of just going cheap at first.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Build it. Be patient. You can find all your parts on this site and its sponsers. Don't sell your ak. Keep it. Build your ar as money comes in.
Thanks
daddy-o

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock River has a complete kit which includes everything but a stripped lower for $695. You can buy a stripped lower RRA from Vital Arms for $145.

Yeah...but be prepared to wait.

I'm on month 4 on a RRA kit. I've got several already and I'm not in a hurry.

If you want something NOW and in your price range, your selection is limited to DPMS (a brand that I loathe).

AIM has the DDM4 in stock. Put it on a credit card and call it a day. :hey3: :w000t:

They also have a bushy for a grand, which isn't a bad rifle.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/New_Long_Guns.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom