Ranges in the Lawton area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrOuNd_ZeRo

New to the site!
Reaction score
I live in Lawton and I want to find a little unsupervised range, the POW range on post is too tedious to go to with checking in with the gate guards and logging all my firearms and it's often busy...I don't like busy ranges...H&H is ok but it's too far to go to more than once a month and frankly it costs quite a bit of gas money, SCRAP is pretty much the same deal, While the location is ideal and rarely very busy but I often can't justify the 80 dollars they want to renew and the gas money to go there.
I am just looking for a either a spot to shoot like a hunting area for example, I know a couple of people with land but I am not very acquainted with them but my mother in law works with them.
Is there a wildlife management area I could go to? Anything at all?
It's too bad we have no BLM land here... :(

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bruce Ausley of Ausley's Law Enforcement Supply in Lawton has a unsupervised range east of Lawton and south of Highway 7. I haven't been there lately, but it used to be $10 for an all-day pass. You go to his store at 10th and D ave., pay your money, and get directions and a key to the gate, which you then leave in a dropbox when you're done shooting.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Lawton and I want to find a little unsupervised range, the POW range on post is too tedious to go to with checking in with the gate guards and logging all my firearms and it's often busy...I don't like busy ranges...H&H is ok but it's too far to go to more than once a month and frankly it costs quite a bit of gas money, SCRAP is pretty much the same deal, While the location is ideal and rarely very busy but I often can't justify the 80 dollars they want to renew and the gas money to go there.
I am just looking for a either a spot to shoot like a hunting area for example, I know a couple of people with land but I am not very acquainted with them but my mother in law works with them.
Is there a wildlife management area I could go to? Anything at all?
It's too bad we have no BLM land here... :(

SCRAP is $75 per year if you are an NRA member and maybe $8.00 in gas from Lawton at today prices. Not much else close to Lawton/Ft. Sill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom