*RANT* DHS/Child Support Enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So not only do they advise against me going for the review when I request, the mother requests gets it and when it would lower payments nothing happens. Okay fine no big deal, I'll pay the money and provide insurance and the majority of out of pocket expenses for my son.

But without any warning or advance notice they decide to take 3/4ths of my state tax refund. I find out when I receive a check that my guess is what they can't take (sales tax credits and the like). Was bad enough when I was in the Army reserve and they were taking half my drill check PLUS the full ordered child support and the health insurance.

Gotta love taking care of my stuff and the state going above and beyond because they can and taking even more. Guess my thoughts that I deserve my refund or that my step kids deserve for me to be able to spend money on them come tax time are wrong.

Let's see if they manage to take my federal too and screw me even worse.

Steve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
u will get screwed......we all will.....it's just a matter of when. social security is projected to only last till 2034....get ready.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
u will get screwed......we all will.....it's just a matter of when. social security is projected to only last till 2034....get ready.

I'm saving for my retirement, but the fact the state wants to screw me when I am trying to support a family and bust my tail to do what I can is ridiculous.

We get no support for my 3 step kids and the state and judges haven't cared or done anything. I pay my support and they take EXTRA for no reason. I love it

Steve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems like they can do whatever the hell they want anymore.....so they can just take whatever they want and give u no notice?? that's jacked up

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for you. I had my son for the last 4 years with no child support. I tried and tried to get them to enforce it with no luck. They even kick me out of the DHS office for saying "If i was a woman you people would help" LOL. The Ex went through the Supreme court and had the District Judges decision over ruled. And had him removed from our case. Now she has had him since School let out for christmas break and i havent seen him one time since. He has not even had Christmas with me yet. She pulled him out of school here and enrolled him where she lives. To top it off DHS is already sending me letters wanting money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom