RANT! (question #744)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
you have got to be kidding me! has anyone read this?!?!
**education must be improved, so lets just fire 125 troopers, screw over ODOT, and everybody else!**
I do believe in sacrifice for the better cause but is this really better?!?!?
RANT OVER

Does anybody know who is pushing for this?

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I dont think I can agree with it either. If I am having budget shortfalls I just can't go over to my neighbors and take their money, I have to make cuts on my end. Sorry if thats too coarse for some of you but, it is what it is.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yea, I dont think I can agree with it either. If I am having budget shortfalls I just can't go over to my neighbors and take their money, I have to make cuts on my end. Sorry if thats too coarse for some of you but, it is what it is.

EXACTLY! OEA huh? I dont disagree that education is important but putting people out of jobs and money? your kidding! if this passes there will be problems. OEA will recieve a letter...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should post something on Twitter about it.

The 12-year-old running @744facts gets their panties in a wad when you refute what they say.

(At least, based on the tone and the quickness to name calling, I assume they are 12. The most funny one I got was being called "gross", "cowardly" and a "predator" when I made a post about a Teacher of the Year making incorrect statements and asserting them as facts in her Daily Oklahoman opinion piece.)

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real question: Will any amount of increased spending improve the performance of our students one bit? NO!

We already spend enough taxpayer money, per student, to send each one of them to the most expensive private school in the state.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real question: Will any amount of increased spending improve the performance of our students one bit? NO!

We already spend enough taxpayer money, per student, to send each one of them to the most expensive private school in the state.

And that's not even including local taxes....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that's not even including local taxes....

Really?? I did not know that ... hmmmmm ...

You know I have friends who are teachers but I also have friends who are State Troopers. It simply does not make sense to me to "rob Peter to pay Paul". I know DPS did some serious fat-trimming this last year to try and keep furloughs from happening in the Department. Maybe some of these other state agencies should give that a try ...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?? I did not know that ... hmmmmm ...

Many jurisdictions use property taxes as a source of funding for the schools by district. The statewide average is approximately 82% for public education (70% K-12, 12% CareerTech). Another 12% or so is used for county operations, and the rest to other projects.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on the outside of this, but I can offer some advice that'll save money. Districts around here did it and it was INSANE how much money they saved...

Turn the lights off (at least some) at night.
The the A/C up a few degrees and the heat down a few degrees.
Make the obese kids walk an extra block and cut the number of bus stops in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom