Red Castle indoor range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what hours/days would you use the range

• mon-fri 4-9pm

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • sat 9-8pm sun 12-8pm

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • sat 9-5pm sun 12-6pm mon-tues 4-9pm

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • thurs-fri 4-9pm sat 9-5pm sun 12-5pm

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • thurs-fri 4-9pm sat-sun 12-9pm

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle is getting ready to open their indoor range as soon as the air handling system is finished and the city signs off on occupancy permit.

We are trying to figure out the hours of operation to start with.
They will be limited to start, since there will only be 1 or 2 people keeping it open.

Once it has been open a while, the hours will be adjusted.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how much is membership to the indoor range?
$120 per year & $150 one time initiation fee.
currently the membership will be to all facilities indoor/ outdoor with a modest per day charge on the indoor range to cover utilities. hopefully about $3

the 22 rifle/air gun range is open 2 days a week and costs a dollar but is not nearly as fancy as the big range will be.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
currently the membership will be to all facilities indoor/ outdoor with a modest per day charge on the indoor range to cover utilities. hopefully about $3

the 22 rifle/air gun range is open 2 days a week and costs a dollar but is not nearly as fancy as the big range will be.

I thought there was a pistol range operating, but you could only shoot .38 Special or smaller there or something.

And when it says "lead bullets only" for the .22 range, this means I can't use plated ammo right?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought there was a pistol range operating, but you could only shoot .38 Special or smaller there or something.

And when it says "lead bullets only" for the .22 range, this means I can't use plated ammo right?

Just means no jacketed, plated like rem goldens or cci's are ok.
That is mainly if you shoot centerfire on that 22 range they have to be light load-no +Ps -no jacketed. like 38 wadcutters.
The metal is not very thick, it was designed for 22 lr only.
Things like 45acp fmj will put a big dent.
They also have a slow fire rule for winter months cause half a dozen guys shooting rapidfire will overload the air system, as it was never designed for that much fumes. In the summer it doesn't matter so much as they can turn on the secondary exhaust. If they turn it on in the winter it sucks out all the heat and you freeze.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just means no jacketed, plated like rem goldens or cci's are ok.
That is mainly if you shoot centerfire on that 22 range they have to be light load-no +Ps -no jacketed. like 38 wadcutters.
The metal is not very thick, it was designed for 22 lr only.
Things like 45acp fmj will put a big dent.
They also have a slow fire rule for winter months cause half a dozen guys shooting rapidfire will overload the air system, as it was never designed for that much fumes. In the summer it doesn't matter so much as they can turn on the secondary exhaust. If they turn it on in the winter it sucks out all the heat and you freeze.

*whew* That's a relief. I haven't seen much straight lead ammo since Obamarama.

makarov9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Holy crap! Does it really cost $270 per year? I want to get a membership, but didn't know it was that high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom