Remedy For The "Best Hollow Point" Battle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of discussions around the web about the "best hollow point" and there are a lot of couch gurus out there mouthing off "statistics". Hollow points are a bit on the expensive side so its hard to test a variety of them (I havent shot any at all) so I came up with a solution.

Solution: Some of us members who have various hollow point brands (of course in similar calibers) can get together and trade 2 or 3rnds to each person so we can all go back to are places and do our own ballistics test with the various brands we collected at the swap in a cost effective way.

We can either just trade rnds for rnds with each other OR since different brands do cost different prices just pay each other what the rnds actually cost. We would all get to shoot a hand full of different brands and can make an informed decision on our next SD hollow point purchase.

Just a thought, maybe just a pipedream idk (if i was confusing up there ^ sorry)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would just be nice for each of us to test out some expansion, penetration, etc. without having to buy the whole cow just to sample the milk you know.

Corpsvet is spot on.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect each shooter would do his own test, wet phone books, gel, water bottles, hams, etc. and report the results.

Great. What does phone books, water bottles and gel have to do with the human body? Point is that it seems like it would be just another flavor of the "couch" folks criticized earlier, no better or worse. Just sayin.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I see it, it doesn't really matter on a practical level as long as you are using good quality ammunition. Is one better than another on a absolute level? Sure. There are several good choices and if you are using one, you should be fine.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You guys would be better off spending some time at the range practicing shot placement than murdering wet phonebooks.

Just pick a premium cartridge and be done with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom