Rib Crib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chain bbq joints all serve overcooked, dried out reheats. Its for people that don't know good bbq. How Oklahoma joes stays in business is beyond me. That place is the worst in Tulsa. Lawton was a tough place to live for a bbq lover. There are plenty of good places around OK even some world champs. No reason to eat the crap at fast food bbq places. The fact is they make their money off people that have never eaten quality bbq or wouldn't know it if they had.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chain bbq joints all serve overcooked, dried out reheats. Its for people that don't know good bbq. How Oklahoma joes stays in business is beyond me. That place is the worst in Tulsa. Lawton was a tough place to live for a bbq lover. There are plenty of good places around OK even some world champs. No reason to eat the crap at fast food bbq places. The fact is they make their money off people that have never eaten quality bbq or wouldn't know it if they had.

My Dad's rule of thumb is that if they have smoked bologna on the menu, most likely the place has some really good BBQ. Been pretty spot on in my opinion.

Ray's BBQ in Moore & Norman is a great BBQ joint (in my opinion). If you're more into 'upscale BBQ' (yeah, kind of a weird mixture), Clark Crew BBQ on NW Highway fits the bill. If you just want 'down and dirty' great BBQ, George's Happy Hog is the place to go.

All of this is just my opinion for the OKC metro area.

:spaghetti:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Can’t stand their signature ribs.
Ribs shouldn’t “fall off the bone”. That’s pulled pork imho.
When I do ribs, I want to actually pick up a rib, slap some lips over it and gently remove the rib meat from the bone with my teeth, not dig into a pile of rib bones with a spoon to eat that rib crib stuff.
The one in town here tastes like it’s been rewarmed in a microwave before serving.
If I’m forced to eat there, it’s usually the three meat dish with sausage brisket and chicken.
These ribs weren't fall off the bone but they are very tender, but so is a fresh dog turd.

I got a slab of ribs with a couple of sides, fried okra and baked beans, and they threw in a free chopped brisket sandwich and fries cause I ordered online.

First thing I tasted was the sauce to see if it was edible. Nope. It tastes like burned tobacco. The sandwich was dry and didn't taste good at all and the fries were tough.

I thought maybe a rib or two would be better. Wrong. More of that nasty burned tobacco flavor taken to a new level.

The fried okra wasn't too bad but the beans could sure use some improvement to say the least.

I've got most of the ribs left over and I don't know if I want to try and choke 'em down with some good bbq sauce or throw them out to the feral cats around here.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Oklahoma Joes by Bass Pro shop in Broken Arrow for RIBS. Burnco good too but too much waiting for me. My sons buys meats from them and charcoal his own, he seems to have overtaken me on a Weber steaks, burgers,chicken,dove,duck, and quail mainly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom