Riding Lawn Mower Purchase: CVT vs Hydrostatic Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time saved with a riding mower can be used for other things, like spending time with family or earning money.
Exactly. I cut the grass, using the push mower on the extreme areas, in less than half the time as originally. Had it trimmed and edged in under the time it took to mow initially.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time saved with a riding mower can be used for other things, like spending time with family or earning money.

Exactly. I have a residential lot with a decent sized back yard and want that Hustler ZT so bad I can't stand it. It takes me 3 to 4 hours (depending on how anal I am at the time) to edge, weedeat, mow front and back and sweep/blow clean. I figure I can mow it all in 30 minutes max with that while my Honda HRX takes a couple of hours by itself. I watched the lawn service guy run a Toro ZT over the neighbor's back yard behind me the other day and it took about as long as it took me to smoke a cigarette. They only mow about 4 times a season so it was probably knee high. Thank God for stockade fencing...

Mine has the kohler pro engine. Like Briggs, they have several models. Some good, some not so good.

They say you have to have courage to own one of the Courage series. Rods blow through the side of the block, blocks just crack, valves crash into pistons, camshafts fail, water leaks into the starter causing corrosion, etc. etc. The high end Kohlers are rock solid but they pushed the "cheap line" too far on the Courage series.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt like this fit here.
2015-07-26 08.09.10.jpg

Attachments

• 20150724_190712.jpg
    20150724_190712.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 2015-07-26 08.06.09.jpg
    2015-07-26 08.06.09.jpg