Romney speaks to his 1% pals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And Rick, when the current president was talking about infrastructure, specifically about roads and bridges, and he said "if you own a business you didn't build that". "That" refers to roads and bridges, but you decontextualise the phrase and make it the central meme of your campaign. I'd say live by it die by it, but nothing that extreme is really neccesary. The whole tape has been released. Don't pretend that it hasn't.

I'm not part of Obama's Fantasy Presidency, I just deal in facts. Read the Blaze stories and watch the videos. You might feel cheated especially if you bought a large popcorn and a drink. Somebody with playin' footloose with the edit button...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And Rick, when the current president was talking about infrastructure, specifically about roads and bridges, and he said if you own a bussiness you didn't build that. "That" refers to roads and bridges, but you decontextualise that phrase and make it the central meme of your campaign. I'd say live by it die by it, but nothing that extreme is really neccesary. The whole tape has been released. Don't pretend that it hasn't.

Go ahead and believe that if you wish Ignernt. In that context Obama's statement is basically incoherent babbling. Obama's alot of things but he's far from a "babbler" when it comes to public speaking. I'm not buying the old Elizabeth Warren trick for a second.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That family of 5 is paying tax as are the elderly, military, etc. Read the rest of this thread and if they ever put up the rest of his speech maybe we can see what they cut out.
Are you telling me that I contribute payroll taxes into SS all my life and then when I retire I have to pay tax on those SS checks while I'm sipping iced tea on the porch?

Sumbitch, I never knew that before Rick.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What we're talking about here is that Romney has written off 47% of the electorate. Fortunately for him, many people in the 47% don't realise they're in the 47%. Still, he needs about 90% of the remaining 53% to win the election. Good luck, Willard.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter anywho.

This whole dustup is just Romney's way of distracting us all from his failure to pay income tax for 10 years and his failed record as a governor(he declined to run for a second term).

And it's working too.
You notice how no one is talking about his failure to provide his income tax returns?

I like his chances 48 days from now.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What cracks me up is that Romney let the pressure get to him and claim that never in the past ten years has he payed less than 13%.
13%, really? The lady who scrubs the toilets at the motel 6 pays 13%

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What cracks me up is that Romney let the pressure get to him and claim that never in the past ten years has he payed less than 13%.
13%, really? The lady who scrubs the toilets at the motel 6 pays 13%

If you're talking about income tax, I hope not doing your own tax returns.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If 47% are freeloading scum as Romney see's it and 50% of the population make $50,000 or less we can safely assume this is Romney's baseline. Now, if you are sitting there smug in your belief that Romney wasn't including you in that 47% and you make $50k or under per year better wipe that smug smile off your face because you are the freeloading scum to which he refers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom