Ruger Mark III or Browning Buckmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Buckmark, it is a joy to shoot, it is reliable, and accurate. I shoot CCI minimag and some good Winchester (think it is grey and red box) with no problems. Bulk Remington is a different story. I replaced the front plain sight with a HiViz fiber optic sight and it makes a world of difference. I will keep it for a long time!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well ok, twist my arm! :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG2749.jpg

It shoots quite well. My neighbors watched me smoke a rat in the back yard with it at 41 yards. It's not the most accurate .22 I've ever owned though. That title would belong to a Buckmark Silhouette I had with a Leupold 4X pistol scope and Harris bipod. It would cloverleaf at 25 yards all day long. I killed a water moccasin in a strip pit with it one time at about 100 yards. My buddies hated that gun because I would outshoot them with their .22 rifles, using a pistol. They actually accused me of cheating because of it! lol Foolishly, I got rid of it because I got bored with it. It just never missed if I did my part. I never thought accuracy would get monotonous, but it actually took some of the challenge out of shooting.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ok, twist my arm! :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG2749.jpg

Dang I love that pic!!!!!!
Honestly, I can't see it enough.
I get a cheezey little grin each time it gets posted.
I need to learn how to take cool photos like like that.

On a side note: where can a person get some sweet grips like those? Actually, I'm looking for something other than wood but moderately aggressive. I've looked at the Alum. grips but they look kind of smooth. There just doesn't seem to be many grip options for the Buckmarks.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome! I don't think I want to invest that much in my .22 pistol but may have to ponder that one a while.

Really nice!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy got those grips for the gun about 20 years ago, so I'm not sure. I think the Tac-Sol aluminum grips would be pretty well checkered, and I almost got some. It was just hard to justify the $$$ when I already had these green laminated grips.

I really like the new stippled laminated grips that Browning has on some of the URX models. Someday I'll get a URX and swap this top end over to it.

Yeah, it's hard to justify this kind of coin on a .22 pistol, but it's one of my two most favorite guns. For me it's been worth every penny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom