Ruger Mark III or Browning Buckmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome! I don't think I want to invest that much in my .22 pistol but may have to ponder that one a while.

Really nice!!

If you did, you wouldn't regret it. I love mine, I'd just like to change over to nicer grips instead of the plane jane factory ones.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heat is one thing to keep in mind with the metal grips. I don't know about you guys, but the frame of the gun gets pretty damn hot after you've put 500 rounds through it with a suppressor. I wouldn't want that heat to transfer through the grips. It is for this reason that I prefer the rubber grips that come on the new ones.

andrsnsm, it seems like a lot of money to invest on a .22, but a .22 pistol suppressed is honestly one of the funnest things to shoot. (at the range, in your backyard, or even inside your home) :)

My Buckmark with the Spectre and microdot is my favorite gun to shoot - partly because I can shoot hundreds of rounds for the same price as just 50 rounds of 9mm or .45. You won't regret it.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Mobile_87302009.jpg

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it guys, stop showing me the cool suppressed Buckmarks! I enjoy shooting my Buckmark a lot already a nd I love the fact I can shoot pretty much all day for not much money for ammo. Gonna have to start looking for a rail and a red dot sight. Dang it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it guys, stop showing me the cool suppressed Buckmarks! I enjoy shooting my Buckmark a lot already a nd I love the fact I can shoot pretty much all day for not much money for ammo. Gonna have to start looking for a rail and a red dot sight. Dang it.

But think of all the money you'd save on earplugs! :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heat is one thing to keep in mind with the metal grips. I don't know about you guys, but the frame of the gun gets pretty damn hot after you've put 500 rounds through it with a suppressor. I wouldn't want that heat to transfer through the grips. It is for this reason that I prefer the rubber grips that come on the new ones.

andrsnsm, it seems like a lot of money to invest on a .22, but a .22 pistol suppressed is honestly one of the funnest things to shoot. (at the range, in your backyard, or even inside your home) :)

My Buckmark with the Spectre and microdot is my favorite gun to shoot - partly because I can shoot hundreds of rounds for the same price as just 50 rounds of 9mm or .45. You won't regret it.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Mobile_87302009.jpg

Is that the Primary Arms sight? How do you like it on there? I was thinking about switching to one instead of the Fastfire, and possibly putting one on my dedicated .22LR M16 upper. And who's trigger is that? Looks pretty rad!

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that the Primary Arms sight? How do you like it on there? I was thinking about switching to one instead of the Fastfire, and possibly putting one on my dedicated .22LR M16 upper. And who's trigger is that? Looks pretty rad!

I've got a bushnell really similar to that one on my dedicated .22 upper. I really like it.

I like the size of the Fastfire II on my buckmark, I just wish it was brighter. They've got an ambient light sensor that triggers the brightness of the dot. Indoors where it's just not realy bright the sight is kind of dim & It's slow to pick up at first. But once I get it on target it's GTG, until the mag is empty, then same thing.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It sure is! I like it. At first I didn't think I'd like the size of it compared to something smaller like a dr optic or fastfire, but now that I'm used to it - it doesn't bother me at all. The thing I like about tubes is how easy it is to adjust the dot for distance. I haven't owned a dr optic and thus, haven't had to make any adjustments on them, but I have heard that adjusting them for changes in distance is a pain. With a red dot tube like the micro dot, adjustments are as easy as can be.

I shot a buckmark a few weeks back that had a millet red dot tube, and the dot on it was much brighter and finer than the primary arms. I'm a fan of any good red dot tube, and from my brief experience with the primary arms microdot, I have so far been very pleased.

I forget the name of the guy that makes the trigger, but on rimfirecentral, there is a fellow that is a buckmark guru who makes a lot of his own stuff. He makes the triggers out of aluminum blanks. If you go to the browning section, you can't miss him. He has several different designs to choose from. I think I paid something around $55 shipped for mine. It came a bit oversized, so some fitting was required, but it was easy work. I prefer flat triggers, so this setup is perfect for me. With the heggis flip dropping the break to about 2.5lbs and with the overtravel screw, I couldn't ask for a better trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom