Safety 1st Gun Range Opening April 1st!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I missed opening day. I did stop by on April 3 but found workers still doing some wiring. They told me the "owner" was there, so I poked around looking for Mitch to no avail. It looked like the ranges on the north side of the building were far from ready. I am one of those guys who used Heartland many Saturdays. I miss it and look forward to frequenting Safety First soon!

LL

Last edited:

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very clean and much brighter. Well done, Mitch.

I agree completely!
I spent a couple hours in Safety First Gun Range on Saturday 04/12.
The lighting is GREAT, the range is CLEAN, the proprietor was FRIENDLY, the prices were GOOD.
Thanks for the great experience, Mitch.

chask

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very clean and much brighter. Well done, Mitch.

I finally noticed the J&K post above and called them to get my answers. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.:gun1:

Boy this is great to hear!

Heartland was one of my two favorite ranges. It was clean, the people I dealt with were great (I know, I've read about others having issues but except for one or two times I never did), their filtration system kept the air very breathable, and I could shoot about any rifle in there I wanted to. Not having access to a place to shoot outdoors I've not been able to shoot a rifle since they closed.

Does anyone know if Safety First allows rifles and if they do are there any restirictions on what you can shoot (calibers and/or bullets)? I was told the range could handle a .50 BMG though the biggest I ever saw anyone shooting was a .338 Lapua - even 6 lanes over that one would take your breathe away. I do recall them not wanting any armor piercing or tracer ammo, but other than that they never said a thing about any of the rifles I brought along. I'd really love an indoor place that had great ventilation where I could shoot a handgun as well as .223/5.56 and .308/7.62.

Do they have a website (hopefully with contact info)?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom