Saying goodbye.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ketchup vs catsup

I just looked in our fridge here in Oklahoma because now Im curious about this and found that we have 3 different brands of 'ketchup' and not one brand of 'catsup'. We have: Heinz, my wifes fave and only brand she will eat; Hunts, the kids like it cause its sweeter I guess; and Del Monte is the brand I like because I grew up with that brand in our house, my dad liked that more vinegary kind so we had to like it too because he never would have bought different brands of anything for different family members, guess my family is spoiled. But I also do remember shopping at the Mexican supermarkets near our house and buying Del Monte 'Catsup' in San Diego. Some how I just have always written or typed it catsup but pronounce it ketch-up, or like my kids and wife they all call it katch-up cause theyre a bunch of rednecks...

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look, dude, there are some people here (not me) who know just about everything there is to know about everything including guns, hunting, etc. Its a one stop shop for whatever you need to know. Some serious gun people here who seriously know their stuff. And pretty much NO worries about dealing with most any of them whether youre buying/selling/trading anything from a pistol to a car. If you get sick they will come over and help you move if you need it. They will hook your kid up with .22 ammo. There are lawyers, doctors, plumbers, mechanics, musicians, etc here all with limited free advice if you need it or they'll know where to get it. Best BBQ or steak in town, they'll know where it is. Need someone to talk to when your wife leaves ya theyre here for ya. But if you do something to make them laugh then get ready for the ribbing, trust me I know first hand many times in the last 7 years- its all in fun. Really do hope ya stick around. Be patient, you'll get ya a seat at the cool table when youre ready. And good gosh, dont ever put catsup on your eggs and tell em about it, if ya do just keep it to yourself.

I don't know about the gun knowledge part, generally I've found much better information elsewhere, especially when it comes to gear lately. I've come to expect that it's just gone downhill in that sense over the years here. Just the way it is.

Nonetheless, there are a ton of good people on this board and some will do anything for you. That and the gen discussions and political forum merits sticking around if you have even a hint of conservative in you.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can only talk about guns so long and hold ones attention. Unless your on one of those other snooty gun forum where its all so serious all the time.

Depends on how much you like shooting or how much you shoot and new stuff comes out every day. There are some forums that take themselves WAY too seriously, but there are some that are the best of both worlds IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom