Senate Deal Reached on Background Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It bugs me when people say there is a "gun show loophole." There is no loophole. It's the same if you buy from a licensed seller or a private party. You get background checks at the gun show if you buy from a licensed reseller. You don't if somebody has a private table at the gun show. It just gets under my skins when they don't understand this.

They say that because they don't understand the issue well. However, if they did it wouldn't sound better they would simply say the "Private Sales Loophole" because that is what they really mean. The folks most hard core about UBCs want all sales of any kind to have to go through a BC and they want permanent records kept of the transaction.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coburn wants to bring this up for debate in the Senate. I agree.
Let them get up there and spew their half-truths, and outright lies, and let the voters see what they are voting for.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It bugs me when people say there is a "gun show loophole." There is no loophole. It's the same if you buy from a licensed seller or a private party. You get background checks at the gun show if you buy from a licensed reseller. You don't if somebody has a private table at the gun show. It just gets under my skins when they don't understand this.

Me too. Just read a story on the "bipartisian compromise" where one of the two knuckleheads said it wont affect private sales. Okay, so any sale not done through an FFL is private , right? Thats what we have NOW!!!!!
I think my head is about to explode.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coburn wants to bring this up for debate in the Senate. I agree.
Let them get up there and spew their half-truths, and outright lies, and let the voters see what they are voting for.

I agree. Glenn Beck read the results of a poll this morning taken with current and retired LEOs about opinions on effects of different new gun control measures that if legit really b!#chslaps their entire argument. Like to hear that read on the senate floor.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Glenn Beck read the results of a poll this morning taken with current and retired LEOs about opinions on effects of different new gun control measures that if legit really b!#chslaps their entire argument. Like to hear that read on the senate floor.

see the poll here: https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?172180-Survey-of-15-000-LEOs-on-Gun-Control

Meanwhile, here is the GOA action letter on this issue: http://www.capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62580936

Latest posts

Top Bottom