Senate Deal Reached on Background Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That press release sounds wonderful! I think I've switched sides!! I completely trust all those involved in looking out for my best interest now!
What a relief!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really really like this part..

- Authorizes use of a state concealed carry permit instead of a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GOA rarely does that...LOL. They like to scream and panic but use very few facts. Not saying their point is wrong, but their style turn me off...their press releases read like a hsyterical individual typing in all caps on a forum.

Exactly what I was thinking. So from what I understand they are wanting to expand the definitions of what counts as a "commercial" sale, thus forcing more transactions to go through FFLs, while abandoning the "transfers" language we've been hearing about. Still unacceptable, but not sure how it was "worse" that what we thought.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This legislation reminds me of the old government paperwork reduction act. It seemed like a good idea but never worked.

The devil is in the details and there are a lot of details proposed in this legislation. It gives the govt more power and opportunity to do harm to second amendment rights. Hard to say whether it is just well intentioned incompetence or crafty malevolence.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
from Dennishoddy: "Coburn wants to bring this up for debate in the Senate. I agree.
Let them get up there and spew their half-truths, and outright lies, and let the voters see what they are voting for".

Coburn is right more often than not. In the end he might get tarred for compromising over SOME expansion of BCs but like so many other conservative or Constitutionalist issues this is but one more rear-guard battle.

Compromise is always a bad idea when the original objective is a BAD IDEA. But when you don't have the votes, you compromise and scramble for your best position. And you lose a little ground every time they go to the well demanding all the water. You meet them there just trying to make sure they don't get what they came for. Problem is they almost always get SOME.

Latest posts

Top Bottom