Senate Deal Reached on Background Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what IS the deal? UBC is dead, as I understand....what are the details about what would actually change? Or has the dust not settled?

Check out the GOA action letter in the post above yours. UBC is not dead, it sounds worse that we could have imagined.

Who blows the whistle that signals us all to go throw rocks at the white house and the capital?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If these background checks (that lead to registration, which is their real goal) are passed, I am turning third party. It will be the end of the republican party in my mind.
If these moderate republicans want to commit political suicide, let them.

More conservative folks like Jim Bridenstine or Rand Paul need to form a third party if they want my vote in the future.
If gun control passes, I AM NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR ANYONE RUNNING UNDER THE TICKET OF THE PARTY THAT ALLOWED OUR GUNS TO BE TAKEN AWAY.
I am planning to call my 2 senators and congressman, as well as Spkr Boehner in the house, and tell their aides this.
Please consider doing something along those lines as well. Perhaps if these idiots are faced with the demise of their precious party, they may see sense.

For Congressman: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
For Senators: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
:)

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called Coburns office. His aide said he was leaning towards voting no to the Toomey amendment but was currently reading it just to be sure.

Call the man and pressure him to help kill this stupid Amendment.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called Coburns office. His aide said he was leaning towards voting no to the Toomey amendment but was currently reading it just to be sure.

Call the man and pressure him to help kill this stupid Amendment.

Just called. His aide said he was opposed to the Toomey bill and the schumer Bill, both.
PLease keep calling and urge to him to stay on the side of liberty!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, I would have liked some corroboration of their claims.

GOA rarely does that...LOL. They like to scream and panic but use very few facts. Not saying their point is wrong, but their style turn me off...their press releases read like a hsyterical individual typing in all caps on a forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom