Senate Declares Oklahoma as a 2A Sanctuary State

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nonlegal opinion is yes it does prevent our state from participating in registration because registration is not yet (officially) federal law or part of delegated bureaucratic authority. How these "sanctuary bills" play out in reality is another discussion.

I hope that's right. I see any kind of registration as being one quick speed bump to confiscation.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was kind of reading it to mean it was pre-epting them. With the use of the words "includes" and "on or after" but I don't know legalese well enough to know if that is the right way to read it.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for information: SB631 has not yet come up for a vote in the House.

I've been in a conversation with Representative Talley about it and he seems to think, incorrectly, that it will nullify the Brady Law and is clearly not supporting it. The senator from Stillwater, Dugger, also a Republican, did not support it in the Senate.

Ken Andrews

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far, 11 states and hundreds of individual counties/cities across the country defy the Feds with "sanctuary" status for Illegal Aliens. Currently, 17 states are sanctuaries for recreational Marijuana dope-heads and 16 states are sanctuaries for so-called medical Marijuana. The Feds and local Law Enforcement in those states (including Oklahoma) go along and there are no consequences for giving the double barrel middle finder to Federal immigration and/or illegal drug laws. They will no doubt eventually be rewarded with Federal legalization of their formally illegal behavior. But can we expect the same consideration and favorable attitude toward law abiding US Citizens who only want to exercise their God given, constitutionally protected 2A Right to keep and bare arms? The Federal Government will eventually attempt to crush the 2A Sanctuary State movement before it reaches critical mass. However, they will need the support of local/state law enforcement to accomplish that and, that is the great unknown. After all, there is nothing more dangerous than uppity citizens who believe words mean things and there are words in the Bills Of Rights that make a lot of people really angry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom