Senate Declares Oklahoma as a 2A Sanctuary State

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of it is posturing and used as a way to send a message to both other states and the Federal government.

On the other hand, wouldn't the municipalities in California that implemented restrictions on capturing and deporting illegal aliens be a similar situation? It is still a self-proclaimed sanctuary area from Federal law, it just hasn't been challenged yet that I am aware of. I think San Francisco was the prominent one I am thinking of.

Wilkinson v. City and County of San Francisco

The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed, at the request of the parties involved, a trio of cases arising from the Trump administration’s efforts to withhold law-enforcement funding from so-called “sanctuary” states and cities – state and local governments that do not cooperate with federal immigration authorities. Although Thursday’s filings at the Supreme Court contained few details, the dismissal appeared to signal yet another reversal of a Trump-era immigration policy by the Biden administration.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wilkinson v. City and County of San Francisco

The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed, at the request of the parties involved, a trio of cases arising from the Trump administration’s efforts to withhold law-enforcement funding from so-called “sanctuary” states and cities – state and local governments that do not cooperate with federal immigration authorities. Although Thursday’s filings at the Supreme Court contained few details, the dismissal appeared to signal yet another reversal of a Trump-era immigration policy by the Biden administration.

It would make sense that both parties would agree to drop a case like this after an administration change. I disagree with it, but am not surprised a bit. I doubt we could expect the same on a firearm related insubordination case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would make sense that both parties would agree to drop a case like this after an administration change. I disagree with it, but am not surprised a bit. I doubt we could expect the same on a firearm related insubordination case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when both parties are run by Democrats. Which is the case here.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except OK is a net consumer of Federal funds, more than a producer.
You are correct, for now. When/if commodities start to get priced in actual value, that will change.
Imagine if the producer states charged tariffs to non producer states for electricity, oil, gas, coal, wheat and corn. As long as the futures market sets the price (hint:non producer states) and not the actual producer, we are screwed. Corporate farms? Bill Gates buying hundreds of thousands of tillage acres.
Futures market was designed for controlling price, and producers. Farmers go broke because of price, not quantity.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I understand that. And were we to sever our cord with Uncle Sugar, there are thousands of babies that would likely die of neglect because parents rely on the rest of the country to finance them. So be it. We may be fewer, but we'll be stronger, rather than continue down this road of zero accountability.

We have the resources to stand on our own, unfortunately many have been tempted by the easy path which always weakens us.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In what regards? Because we sell gas and oil to the Feds? That is a value that is produced here.

Because we have military bases here? While that does bring money into the state, it provides security for the entire nation.

Because we receive farm aid? Again, that is a value that benefits the entire nation.

It's all stuff we're getting paid for, not simply receiving as grants. Not like money from the latest "Covod-19 Porkulous Package" that bails out some of those fiscally irresponsible cities and pays for pet politician projects and likely much other such BS. To top it off, it's mostly paid for with "borrowed" money (read as printed fiat money) that we are all required to "pay it back" with interest for the next several generations.

Sorry for the thread drift. Then again, it all seems to tie in one way or another, doesn't it.

Woody

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And weed. Pot is still a scheduled drug against federal law (I believe a bill was written to take it off but not sure of the status). BUT states have legalized it.
Yeah but we all know that the feds come down hard on the 2A. They want it gone. Weed don’t matter to them so they let it slide. But they know guns are what stand between us and them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom