1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Senate Declares Oklahoma as a 2A Sanctuary State

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by druryj, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Wilkinson v. City and County of San Francisco

The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed, at the request of the parties involved, a trio of cases arising from the Trump administration’s efforts to withhold law-enforcement funding from so-called “sanctuary” states and cities – state and local governments that do not cooperate with federal immigration authorities. Although Thursday’s filings at the Supreme Court contained few details, the dismissal appeared to signal yet another reversal of a Trump-era immigration policy by the Biden administration.

RickN and wawazat like this.
  2. wawazat

wawazat Sharpshooter

It would make sense that both parties would agree to drop a case like this after an administration change. I disagree with it, but am not surprised a bit. I doubt we could expect the same on a firearm related insubordination case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSUFLYBOY likes this.
  3. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

Only when both parties are run by Democrats. Which is the case here.

4. wawazat

wawazat Sharpshooter

Sorry, that’s what I was trying to imply. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. chadh2o

chadh2o Gunslinger

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You are correct, for now. When/if commodities start to get priced in actual value, that will change.
    Imagine if the producer states charged tariffs to non producer states for electricity, oil, gas, coal, wheat and corn. As long as the futures market sets the price (hint:non producer states) and not the actual producer, we are screwed. Corporate farms? Bill Gates buying hundreds of thousands of tillage acres.
    Futures market was designed for controlling price, and producers. Farmers go broke because of price, not quantity.

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I understand that. And were we to sever our cord with Uncle Sugar, there are thousands of babies that would likely die of neglect because parents rely on the rest of the country to finance them. So be it. We may be fewer, but we'll be stronger, rather than continue down this road of zero accountability.

We have the resources to stand on our own, unfortunately many have been tempted by the easy path which always weakens us.

Mr E, DSUFLYBOY, kwaynem and 3 others like this.
  7. Aku

Aku Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think we are already split.

DSUFLYBOY likes this.
  8. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    We are, the geographical lines don't accurately reflect it though.

chuter likes this.
  9. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    In what regards? Because we sell gas and oil to the Feds? That is a value that is produced here.

Because we have military bases here? While that does bring money into the state, it provides security for the entire nation.

Because we receive farm aid? Again, that is a value that benefits the entire nation.

It's all stuff we're getting paid for, not simply receiving as grants. Not like money from the latest "Covod-19 Porkulous Package" that bails out some of those fiscally irresponsible cities and pays for pet politician projects and likely much other such BS. To top it off, it's mostly paid for with "borrowed" money (read as printed fiat money) that we are all required to "pay it back" with interest for the next several generations.

Sorry for the thread drift. Then again, it all seems to tie in one way or another, doesn't it.

Woody

chadh2o likes this.
  10. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Come to Freddy!!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah but we all know that the feds come down hard on the 2A. They want it gone. Weed don’t matter to them so they let it slide. But they know guns are what stand between us and them.