Shawnee is hurt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to meet Glockemdown this morning, Shawnee is jacked! Drove from Attwoods over to by Lowes. Sad to see the damage and loss. Some of the old homes took a hit too.

Any members here from Shawnee get messed up? Need any help?

Always sad to see homes and livelihoods destroyed.

I hope everyone is able to bounce back.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out there that night and the next day as mom was in Colonial Estates, luckily was moved to Tecumseh and not a person was hurt, kudos to the staff at Colonial. 1st pic is Attwoods parking lot, then next to Colonial, airport and back of Colonial,YMCA then Lowe's.
Shawnee 1.jpg
Shawnee 2.jpg

Shawnee 3.jpg
Shawnee 4.jpg
Shawnee 5.jpg
Shawnee 6.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I live in Shawnee and work at OBU as a police dispatcher.

Fortunately the little mobile home park I live in didn't see any serious damage but the OBU campus got hit hard.

I was on duty the night of the tornado. It's pretty amazing that no one was injured there. We have an alert system that the PD uses to notify everyone of a tornado warning and instructs the students to go to the storm shelters.

I have been off work this week and it will be interesting to see what things are like when I go back on Friday.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Shawnee and work at OBU as a police dispatcher.

Fortunately the little mobile home park I live in didn't see any serious damage but the OBU campus got hit hard.

I was on duty the night of the tornado. It's pretty amazing that no one was injured there. We have an alert system that the PD uses to notify everyone of a tornado warning and instructs the students to go to the storm shelters.

I have been off work this week and it will be interesting to see what things are like when I go back on Friday.

Where did you ride it out? Was it loud where you were at? I have been in 3 different Tornadoes. 2 in a Shelter and one in a Culvert when I was a wee lad. The Culvert one was the bad one that tore up tinker in the 60s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom