Shawnee is hurt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Where did you ride it out? Was it loud where you were at? I have been in 3 different Tornadoes. 2 in a Shelter and one in a Culvert when I was a wee lad. The Culvert one was the bad one that tore up tinker in the 60s.
I was in the basement of one of the large buildings there. There is a little room that dispatch has to move to when there is a tornado. It's two floors down and the sound was still very loud.

I wanted to stay at the PD but finally moved because the officer in charge was worried. Turns out that the PD wasn't damaged at all.

Johnwj

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to meet @Glock 'em down this morning, Shawnee is jacked! Drove from Attwoods over to by Lowes. Sad to see the damage and loss. Some of the old homes took a hit too.

Any members here from Shawnee get messed up? Need any help?
I spent the last five days in Cole, Tecumseh and Shawnee doing the damage assessments on residences. Massive destruction all around Cole. That is also the area that suffered the casualties. Met and spoke with both families. I was in Shawnee the past two days. The damage is more extensive there simply because there are more homes and businesses in close proximity. This is the fifth major tornado in Oklahoma since March 2022. There are still many recovering and hurting. Add to that the wildfires in Logan County. Oklahoma has seen more than our share of disaster lately and the predictions are it will only get worse.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to meet @Glock 'em down this morning, Shawnee is jacked! Drove from Attwoods over to by Lowes. Sad to see the damage and loss. Some of the old homes took a hit too.

Any members here from Shawnee get messed up? Need any help?
Go back over by OBU & the airport. It’s really messed up there.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in between Shawnee and Earlsboro and didn’t get any damage. My aunt and uncle did. They had a huge tree fall on their back porch. But none got hurt thankfully. I hope everyone else is going good around here. This was pretty crazy. I saw the 1999 Moore tornado damage and it was insane. And I saw the bombing aftermath and I’ll never forget it. But this is the first I’ve ever seen Shawnee like this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom