*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, indeed they do. :)

There's just something about iron and wood, ya know? Like I've said before, it would be a downright shame to let this Winchester go. I've been on the hunt for it since I was a kid. Hell, I used to pretend my Red Ryder was a Winchester. I would cock it and then twirl it just like Rooster Cogburn.

However...

I'm afraid as I get older and the criminals get younger, I'm starting to feel a little outgunned. When I had my AR before, it used to ride in the patrol car with me. Now my Mossberg 590 does. That's still some impressive weaponry, but only to an extent. With today's bad guys, you gotta even the odds. And nowadays, we are starting to see more and more thugs with bigger guns than us. :bah:

If you like iron and wood but are feeling outgunned, try one of these.........

[Broken External Image]

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is time to show your commie side G.E.D.

Blonde
ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa91_sway3381_DSC00614.jpg

Brunette
ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e8_ak47nut_SLR107FR_20LAMINATED_1_laminate5a1.jpg

Redhead
[Broken External Image]

and one for you
[Broken External Image]

Sorry...I never was into AKs or the SKS. No matter how you dress 'em up. :disappoin

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The poll results are a helluva lot closer than I thought they would be. :ooh2:

AR-15 - 15 votes.

Iron & wood - 12 votes.

Keep the comments coming guys! I'm going to bed. See ya in the morning. :zzz:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knowing you Evan, I gotta say that if you get a new AR you're gonna make it's second owner very happy. :nutkick:

If it were me I'd have already gotten one (Oh wait, I did). I do understand though, because I sold the first two I had and didn't replace them immediately. But now I have BRD firmly entrenched in my DNA and have no intentions of going back. They're too easy to shoot and have most of the features you need in a good patrol or defense carbine.

There are only 3 wood bearing long guns in my safe now. A Browning .22 I gave to my wife (first gun I ever bought that I filled out the 4473 on), a Garand (beautiful work of art you blaspheming blasphemer!) and an M1 Carbine.

So go ahead and get that AR if you want. Life's too short to own fewer guns than you can afford to get. :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like iron and wood but are feeling outgunned, try one of these.........

[Broken External Image]

I always said the next "assault" rifle I would ever own would be of the M1A/M14 variety.

If I could get into one for around $800, I would.

But those damned things are all over a $1000! :yikes2:

I know, I know...it's only $200 more, right? It might as well be another thousand if you ain't got it. :ugh2:

Sounds like I'm just gonna keep my coboy irons.

The poll took a surprising turn! :ooh2:

AR-15 votes - 16

Iron & wood votes - 18

Keep the comments, ideas, suggesstions coming guys! This is great!!! :thumb:

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to get off subject, just move it to the side and let Even consider other options. One thing I have had my eye on lately is the CMP Program, and possibly bidding on a Bavaria Game Warden, or Municipal Police or Border Police M1 Carbine, or a Para trooper M1 Carbine, those are some very sweet rifles with some history. And they do make a bigger hole and very fun to shoot. I do not know if they will let you carry one in your curser, you may have said they did earlier in your post or told me at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom