Sooner State Transfer fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The FFL I use in Tulsa for transfers charges per item, so 3 "guns", then 3x.

I've never questioned him on it, thought that was completely fair...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be happy to *only* pay $10 per transfer item. Most place I've used in the past were $20-25.

For lowers, unless it's something super specific, I just buy locally anymore. FBT has them just about as cheap as anywhere I've seen online; especially if you consider shipping and transfer. Plus, I like actually going into a store. Even better if you know the people there.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be dissin' SSP. Those folks have been very good to those of us who both buy guns and ammo and stuff AND do transfers through them. I sorta get it, about the lowers, but $10 lousy bucks to do a transfer? Damn, I have felt guilty about doing that so cheaply with them a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I always thought it was $10 per gun. I've bought all of my powers from them and they were great to me, honestly unless it was a specialized lower I would never think of shipping one to them. Could they have not gotten the lower you wanted or were you trying to be cheap and save maybe $20 in the long run of not buying their stock?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't buy a lot of guns that require an FFL, but I always thought it was one 4473 per serial number, and one price per 4473.
I don't see the issue.
I spent $30 on a high end burger and a couple of drinks tonight that are going to turn into a turd, so I wouldn't really have an issue paying $30 for three items that are going to stay with me forever.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't buy a lot of guns that require an FFL, but I always thought it was one 4473 per serial number, and one price per 4473.
I don't see the issue.
I spent $30 on a high end burger and a couple of drinks tonight that are going to turn into a turd, so I wouldn't really have an issue paying $30 for three items that are going to stay with me forever.

Damn Dennis, that sort of puts it in perspective. I guess whether you dine on steak and lobster or a couple of greasy chili dogs, the end result is the same. [emoji90] oh, and by the way, I don't think there's anywhere on the 4473 that the FFL records a serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom