Sooner State Transfer fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did not know that. The only multiple gun purchase I've ever made was three lowers at the same time, and our local guy used 3 different 4473's which is why I assumed it was one per sheet.
Good to know.
He did three different background checks for what was essentially the same transaction? That was a waste of time!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think if you purchase more than three long guns then the FFL has to fill out a multi gun form in addition to the 4473.

And a NICS check is valid for 30 days.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are five spaces on the 4473 for firearms and it is my understanding from multiple FFLs that this is the the number of transfers that can be handled on one background check transaction. This has been my personal experience: five serial numbers, one form. Assuming I understand this correctly (and feel free to educate me if I do not) I do not find it logical that an FFL would charge $10 for one gun and $30 for three. $10 actually seems a little too cheap for one, but three times that for three doesn't make sense to me. If handling two to five guns does equate to two to five times the effort, then I would like to understand why. Perhaps this is an issue of a non-FFL's perception versus the reality of being an FFL.

upload_2016-11-20_10-49-59.png

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma the only multiple firearm purchase forms required, apply to multiple handguns purchased in a 7 day period.

Some border states do have a requirement to report multiple semi auto sporting rifles.

There are 5 spaces for serial numbers on the 4473, but the transaction is not limited to 5 serial numbers, the dealer may attach an addendum to the 4473 for additional serial numbers.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I purchased several handguns at a DEA auction a few years back and they were all added to the same form and one call was made for the check.

I would also like to know how it is any more work or expense on the part of the FFL when more than one gun is transferred on the same form.

I am not arguing one way or the other as to what SSP wants to charge, but I don't understand how multiple guns on the same form causes any additional effort or expense.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna prove you all wrong, I'll get an ffl and undercut every one, $5 for all 1 gun or 100 guns. When I make it rich in this scheme I will lord my ruby encrusted plantinum coated ar15 over all you pesants.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna prove you all wrong, I'll get an ffl and undercut every one, $5 for all 1 gun or 100 guns. When I make it rich in this scheme I will lord my ruby encrusted plantinum coated ar15 over all you pesants.

That sounds like a good business plan. Let us know how well it's working out; heck, you could even franchise it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased several handguns at a DEA auction a few years back and they were all added to the same form and one call was made for the check.

I would also like to know how it is any more work or expense on the part of the FFL when more than one gun is transferred on the same form.

I am not arguing one way or the other as to what SSP wants to charge, but I don't understand how multiple guns on the same form causes any additional effort or expense.

Just thinking of the obvious, multiple firearms generally won't come in the same box. Each box must be accounted for, opened, logged etc. Now multiple lowers is different probably but who cares? people should just pay it if it's $10. If you can't afford $10 on top of a firearm, then you shouldn't be buying one.
This type of thinking is what kills local FFLs.

Finally, at what point is another charge valid in your mind? 5? 10?

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Transfer fee Rip off

Sooner guns and gold, Sooner State pawn store #1,#2 now charge Transfer fee's per each lower instead of 1 transfer fee no matter how many you bought. They said they have been doing this for 3 months and need the xtra money, I don't know but i do know it cost me $30.00 instead of $10.00. I only filled out one FFL transfer form. all they do extra is scan each Ser # on the box....Wrong.
This post is an embarrassment

Tommy and Sooner State Pawn were sponsors of our shooting team for 3 years and were never anything but a class act. We were honored to have them on board.

For someone to ***** about a $10 transfer fee is deplorable .

posted via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom