Sooner State Transfer fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn Dennis, that sort of puts it in perspective. I guess whether you dine on steak and lobster or a couple of greasy chili dogs, the end result is the same. [emoji90] oh, and by the way, I don't think there's anywhere on the 4473 that the FFL records a serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lawlz

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tommy, I'm with ya. $10 per is pretty fair.

Although I buy most of my stuff through local dealers, anymore, which I like to do to support our the OK firearms community. The price savings usually is pretty negligible on lowers once you factor in shipping and transfer fees.

Also, to note... just because they only do the paperwork one time, remember, you're not just paying for that 5 minutes - it's also the thousands it costs to keep a storefront open so you can conveniently have a place to go to pick up your orders, AND they have the responsibility for keeping your paperwork and keeping up their license into the future, or turning over all those records to the ATF.

It's an involved business, and keeping a gun store open costs a lot of money.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've been charging $10 per item in Norman for about 3 months, and just started both pawn shops recently.

$10 per firearm is still extremely fair, and trust me when I say we're not getting rich doing them for that price.

We're selling less firearms in the stores and doing 5 times as many transfers. Bills have to be paid, and we had too many people taking advantage of it getting 5, 10, 15, or more firearms in on transfer and only paying one fee.
if you guys would do the transfer for free and pay the shipping when I completely bypass you and buy on the internet that would be swell ....thanks........oh and could you sell me some ammo for my new gun (that I didn't buy from you) for half price so I wont go on OSA and call you a ripoff?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...but I always thought it was one 4473 per serial number...

...I don't think there's anywhere on the 4473 that the FFL records a serial number.

Dennis, you can have multiple serial numbers on one 4473.

Druyj, the serial numbers are not given to the ATF at the time of the background check but are added to the form when the firearm is released to the transferee so that, if the firearm ends up being used in the commission of a crime, authorities at least know the initial owner of the firearm.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, you can have multiple serial numbers on one 4473.

Druyj, the serial numbers are not given to the ATF at the time of the background check but are added to the form when the firearm is released to the transferee so that, if the firearm ends up being used in the commission of a crime, authorities at least know the initial owner of the firearm.

I stand corrected. Guess I thought the serial number was recorded in the FFL's books. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
80% lower problem solved.
i1125.photobucket.com_albums_l592_jmeggenberg_F927297A_AB75_43E2_AAB5_20B880FD97E9_zpsqiu1zwjh.jpg

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Guess I thought the serial number was recorded in the FFL's books. Thanks.
They are as long as the FFL has them in his possession. Remember, the book is an acquisition and disposition log. It concerns the firearms. The paper 4473s connect the individual firearms to the transferrees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom