Sovereign citizen gets killed by police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. There are any number of reasons his holster might be empty. That, in and of itself, is just part of the entire situation. On the other hand, it could mean he tried to draw his gun. We just don't know from only that video.

If I'm carrying, I might remove my gun from the holster if I go somewhere where carrying the gun is prohibited. A post office, for example. I sometimes forget to put the gun back, or maybe I'll just leave it where it is because I have another stop to make where I can't legally carry.

Things are rarely as black and white as we might want to believe.
While no video tells the whole story as you state absolutely nothing else thus far even remotely supports your suppositions on why the gun may not have been in his holster. While anyone can suggest a multitude of reasons why the gun may be out of the holster and on the drivers side floor board nothing suggests he did not draw it. If I am incorrect, please point out what I am missing.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well... I reread what I wrote in the post you quoted. I was pretty clear I was referring to situations where I might have an empty holster and how that might explain his empty holster. Simply possibilities to consider...nothing more.

View attachment 356208
Says all one needs to know. Holster is empty.

While no video tells the whole story as you state absolutely nothing else thus far even remotely supports your suppositions on why the gun may not have been in his holster. While anyone can suggest a multitude of reasons why the gun may be out of the holster and on the drivers side floor board nothing suggests he did not draw it. If I am incorrect, please point out what I am missing.

Then I reread your post I was commenting on and your later post.

I came to the conclusion you're just doubling down on nonsense and ignorance. There was no ambiguity in your post. It implied the holster was empty for only one reason...because he drew his gun. And I also commented in a later post that finding a gun on the driver side floor made it a bit more clear why the holster was empty.

But I'm a little confused... Because I made it clear one reason the holster might be empty was because he tried to draw his gun. Go back and look...you even quoted it. Then you say "nothing else thus far even remotely supports your suppositions on why the gun may not have been in his holster." Yet it appears you're arguing that he attempted to draw his gun...thus an empty holster. Which was one of my suppositions...which apparently isn't remotely supported yet you're arguing that's why it was empty. So, which is it?

So, yeah...you're wrong. Like I said...there could be a number of reasons why that holster was empty. If you were a prosecutor and you took that picture alone, because you said definitively it "says all one needs to know" about why it was empty, before a judge and jury, and tried to make the case that photo says it all, you're gonna look like a fool. That's why investigations are done. To take little pieces of evidence like an empty holster, a gun on the floor within the span of control of the deceased, gunshot residue tests of the deceased's hands, fingerprint and/or DNA evidence from the gun, testimony from the police officer(s) who yelled "GUN" as to what they observed that lead them to yell that, testimony from the other involved officers, testimony from witnesses, other video footage that might be available, bodycam recordings, and many other tid-bits of information, etc...to put the entire story together. In police work, those little bits of information we collect and put together are called "evidence". We try to use evidence to support, or rule out, what might have happened. Sometimes more evidence is gathered that changes things significantly. That's why police officers continue to try to gather ALL the evidence and not just develop some half-assed explanation that's supported by ONE piece of evidence to prove guilt. We like to wait until it's all been examined before we decide how to proceed.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, just my$.02 here but you guys are getting really worked up over this. It’s pretty simple, the kid brought this on himself. Argued with the police, didn’t comply, had a firearm accessible (in or out of the holster) and did not act in overtly non-threatening/subservient manner.

It was a completely needless death but I would say that in all likelihood it will be found that the officer acted within the bounds of the current law and likely within the bounds of department SOP. That will be hashed out in court but that’s my guess. Regardless, the kid played stupid games not realizing the possible implications of what he was getting himself into.

You don’t have to like the reality of the situation we find ourselves in today but unless you’re willing to actively work to change it, flapping gums and p***ing people off on the net isn’t helping to improve anything.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have placed my gun on the floor in front of the drivers seat to go into federal buildings and such places you aren’t allowed to carry. Came back out and gotten into the driver’s seat leaving the gun on the floor and driving off. Probably not his situation because he wasn’t smart enough to comply with LE anyway, but JMO!

Latest posts

Top Bottom