Springfield M1A discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I. Like my M1A. It's c/w a walnut stock an I installed an Ultimak top rail that also replaces the upper heat shield. The optic I chose was Aimpoint's M4S. Even at 100 yards targets can be picked up quickly. The rifle shots so well and so smooth due to The rifles weight. Follow up shots are immediate...virtually no recoil for me.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In late, but I always wanted an M1A, and when I had the opportunity to buy one for a reasonable price, I jumped on it and haven't looked back. I'm still smitten by a SOCOM 16 I saw a while back that had a gray parkerized finish and traditional (For a M14/ M1A) walnut furniture. One of the coolest rifles I've ever seen.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back from the dead. But I found myself in this same boat. I've always wanted an M14/M1A and finally bought one. I bought a SA scout model and am still waiting on it to come in. I've already picked up a CASM mount, SS1-6x scope, and Larue QD rings for it. Can't wait to get it in. I mainly bought this for 3-800 yard shots and close work if need be. I think it will do just fine. I also picked up a standard black top cover to replace the scout setup. Waiting to see if I'll need a TNVC cheek riser for the optic. I'll be posting a start to finish thread soon. OP, I hope you have found one. Like everyone has said, you only live once.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not picked one up yet but still on my bucket list. Academy in Tulsa had couple last week. I did get a CMP Garand though. My Korean War vet father-n-law is going to help me break it in next week.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one years ago. It was the first rifle I ever had a case seperate in. Other High Power shooters told me to scrap the brass after 3 reloads. I sold it and bought an Armalite AR-10T and never regretted it.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the M1A but I think it is inferior to the DPMS/AR10 style rifles. I have a NM model. It is a nice rifle, but if I had to choose between it and my LR308, it would be gone.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From everything I have read, the AR10 style rifles are more accurate than the M14/M1A rifles, but no where near as reliable. This is from running through courses. Not bench shooting. Again, this is from others experiences and not my own.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom