Squirrel opens May 15th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Granddad swore he had never shot an old, tough squirrel. Grandma said she could fry his squirrels and then make gravy and the gravy was so tough you couldn't chew it. DAYUM, I want me some fried squirrel, biscuits and gravy. He was taking me spring squirrel hunting when I was still in diapers. That was in the'50's.
Fall was for quail hunting.

Texas has spring squirrel season, too.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure am ready. I've got the little 22 and a few hundred 22 short mini caps. What makes this even better is I live only 1/2 mile from the black bear creek bottom. I saw three the other evening that wasn't much bigger than a field rat. I may have to let them grow a few more weeks.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone witnessed a flying squirrel in OK? My uncle in Bville has a few game cam pics of one gliding thru at night. Pics taken SE of Bville. I'll see if he'll forward some to me.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone witnessed a flying squirrel in OK? My uncle in Bville has a few game cam pics of one gliding thru at night. Pics taken SE of Bville. I'll see if he'll forward some to me.
There were lots of them when I was a kid growing up on clear creek down by Sasakwa. We even had one for a pet for a couple of years.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In flight, no, but I did kill a little one in my house about ten years ago. My cat pulled it out of a hole in the wall under my sink (yet another thing the previous owners had left undone); I thought it was a mouse 'til after I stomped on it. I have no mercy for most rodents, but I'd've tried to catch that one and release it outside if I'd known. It was a beautiful little animal...

Latest posts

Top Bottom