Steel Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are y'all mounting your steel plates? I tried hanging mine off of a 2x4 with some chains, but a buddy of mine shot the chain on our last outing and was wondering if anyone had a different mounting method? I was thinking paracord. It's cheaper than replacing the chain. Of course, this could have just been a fluke this one time.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built an H frame and I put 2x4's upright in the frame. I then run a piece of re-bar through holes I drilled in the upright 2x4's. I hang my rail road tie plates off of the re-bar with steel braided wire. It gets shot out every 3 or 4 trips to the range, but at like 39cents and foot its not really a big deal.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might have to look at the braided wire. The chains run me close to $2 a foot... I told him if he would just hit the plate, I wouldn't have this problem...

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might have to give that a try. Right now, I'm using rebar and bailing wire. It's cheap and gets the job done.

Thanks for the info.

-Jake

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you hang the steel from mud flaps?

Yeah. You can bolt it to the plates and to what ever you are hanging it from. As long as you dont hit the bolt head directly you are good, or you could just be as good as dustingaunder. I am not taht good with a handgun and an 8" plate. There are small peices of chain laying around the base of my stand at my house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom