Stupid people.... Another OHP story...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They do it all the time when I'm driving a fire engine, don't see how they miss something that big with the wide LED bar on top bright as hell and air horn. I always stay well back because you can bet your butt that when they do see you they slam on brakes, fire engines don't stop on a dime.

Fortunately we don't have to drive in town, mostly highway response......have only had a couple of issues over the years.

It also seems that I may be the only single person in the state that knows what an acceleration and deceleration lane is and how they are SUPPOSED to be used. At least judging by my observation of fellow drivers entering and exiting the interstates. :pissed:

There's two of us then......lol. Stressed this issue heavily when I used to teach drivers ed.

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It also seems that I may be the only single person in the state that knows what an acceleration and deceleration lane is and how they are SUPPOSED to be used. At least judging by my observation of fellow drivers entering and exiting the interstates. :pissed:

The acceleration lane is so you can go around the line of cars stopped at the light and pass everyone on the right and cut in at the last second. I truly wish Okla would stop using the damn things.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I'm constantly amazed watching drivers that use the on ramp to come into the drive lane and never see you there until they finally see you have a semi on your left, and can't move over. They assume you will yield, yet it their responsibility to yield.

This pisses me off more than anything. I always leave plenty of room for them to accelerate and merge into traffic in front of me. But NOOOOOO! They don't bother to look until they we meet and they have no place to go. Every...Freaking...Time!

Being considerate sucks sometimes.

There's two of us then......lol. Stressed this issue heavily when I used to teach drivers ed.

:thumb:

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive a 1 ton Sprinter, with a high top for work. I built a headache rack in between the front seats and cargo area to reduce noise from tools and parts while Im driving, so I have no rearview. With the radio on, and the noise of the vehicle, hearing is limited. And unless the cop pulls to the side of me AND I happen to look out my side mirror at the same time he does this I don't see him.

Happened to me the other day in Wagoner. I was driving along main street and kept seeing cars pulling over. I was wondering what the hell was going on and then I finally see the more than pissed off LEO behind me........Whoops.:oops3::sorry1:

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I drive a 1 ton Sprinter, with a high top for work. I built a headache rack in between the front seats and cargo area to reduce noise from tools and parts while Im driving, so I have no rearview. With the radio on, and the noise of the vehicle, hearing is limited. And unless the cop pulls to the side of me AND I happen to look out my side mirror at the same time he does this I don't see him.

Happened to me the other day in Wagoner. I was driving along main street and kept seeing cars pulling over. I was wondering what the hell was going on and then I finally see the more than pissed off LEO behind me........Whoops.:oops3::sorry1:

I had a similar incident, also in a Sprinter. OHP swerved over to the side so I could see him in my mirrors. Hope he wasn't back there very long lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was heading to town a couple days ago in my 1 ton with a 24' trailer and tractor, and there was a woman on a tractor mowing the road ditch about 200 yards ahead of me. About 50 yards before I got to her, she turned into the road and drove all the way across both lanes to turn around and NEVER LOOKED. I don't drive fast and have trailer brakes, so stopping wasn't a problem. I sat on my horn, and it appeared she never heard it or even knew I was there. This is a major road into town, and most people drive entirely too fast in that area. It turned out fine, but the situation could have been really bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom