Stupidity + Corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the E-bay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...900QQitemZ220703045888QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

That car has decent stuff under the hood, mainly a nice supercharger. If it did indeed dyno with over 800 hp at the rear wheels it is putting out close to 1000 hp at the crank. A C5 Corvette with 800 hp at the tires is no joke and will definately get to the 200+ mph mark. For example a bone stock 99 LS1 Corvette will usually knock out about 280 rear wheel horsepower, will run mid 12's at 110 and top out close to 180 mph, thats stock. I'm a car guy at heart and its those who are reckless that give us a bad rep. If this guy did this and posted himself on YT endangering the public his tail is where it needs to be. Just sayin...

LOL, if this guy is a big gear head he is using ricer math. I speak from nothing but pure hands on experience with these LS cars, from Vette to F-body & I daily drive my H/C Trans Am. A bone stock Ls1 Camaro/Trans Am will not even come close to touching 180mph stock, thats a flat out lie. Your lucky if you can get to the 150 the speedo shows on a stock cluster. And youd have to ride out 6th gear forever to do it with stock gears in the rear. An auto with a drag radial bone stock will touch mid to high 12's with a great driver. A 6-speed might get a high 12 at best but the autos are always quicker on the track, 6-speeds quicker from a roll.

I have several buddys in the LS community that have boosted cars & for him to hit over 800hp at the rear he isnt on stock internals & possibly not on stock cubes anymore either. My friend dynoed 760hp on a unfinished tune in his Procharged T/A & he is running a iron 370 to get there, the stock 346ci would only get him to about 650hp on his last build just for example.

The guy was doin nowhere near 190, granted he was above 100 & excessively accelerating but he didnt stretch its legs long enough to hit 190, even if it was a brand new LS7 supercharged Z06, which its not.

LOL, just incase anyone was curious about the real world info on these cars.:drunk:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call me what you need to...... I'd drive this in heartbeat..... along with a number of vettes. :D :D

aimage.automobilemag.com_f_features_8068833_w440_0712_01z_2009f0de6801f586b33d5c9943245ceb0401.jpg

What was it that was said so long ago? That's Mr. Douche to you?

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Z06 and the vette pics cracked me up. I dont see why people get all upset about it. I enjoy knowing i own one of the first american made cars to be actually called a supercar.

LOL, if this guy is a big gear head he is using ricer math. I speak from nothing but pure hands on experience with these LS cars, from Vette to F-body & I daily drive my H/C Trans Am. A bone stock Ls1 Camaro/Trans Am will not even come close to touching 180mph stock, thats a flat out lie. Your lucky if you can get to the 150 the speedo shows on a stock cluster. And youd have to ride out 6th gear forever to do it with stock gears in the rear. An auto with a drag radial bone stock will touch mid to high 12's with a great driver. A 6-speed might get a high 12 at best but the autos are always quicker on the track, 6-speeds quicker from a roll.

I have several buddys in the LS community that have boosted cars & for him to hit over 800hp at the rear he isnt on stock internals & possibly not on stock cubes anymore either. My friend dynoed 760hp on a unfinished tune in his Procharged T/A & he is running a iron 370 to get there, the stock 346ci would only get him to about 650hp on his last build just for example.

The guy was doin nowhere near 190, granted he was above 100 & excessively accelerating but he didnt stretch its legs long enough to hit 190, even if it was a brand new LS7 supercharged Z06, which its not.

LOL, just incase anyone was curious about the real world info on these cars.:drunk:

He never said a stock Camaro or TA could do it.Theres also a HUGE difference between a vette and a TA/Camaro. Weight and Aerodynamics make a huge difference.
Motortrend magazine took a bone stock ZR-1 to 200.4 mph
Theres absolutely no reason to think this vette cant hit 190. Bone stock C5's were clocked in many a test topping out at 181.
By the way a 1000HP vette WILL hit 190. Ive personally watched this happen. Ive also seen 1000hp supras clearing the 220mph mark. (These were all done in a legal environment in texas)

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Did you even read the list of mods? granted the rear is only a 3.42, but the motor ain't stock iron rock 408ci with a piss load of mods.

Why are you comparing it to a stock LS1 comaro? there is nothing stock about the vette!!

Your saying a iron 370 will dino 750, but a 408 with procharger and all the other goodies won't dino 871rwhp? or break into the 190+ range?

Not making much sense ghost writer.......:puppet2:

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Z06 and the vette pics cracked me up. I dont see why people get all upset about it. I enjoy knowing i own one of the first american made cars to be actually called a supercar.

He never said a stock Camaro or TA could do it.Theres also a HUGE difference between a vette and a TA/Camaro. Weight and Aerodynamics make a huge difference.
Motortrend magazine took a bone stock ZR-1 to 200.4 mph
Theres absolutely no reason to think this vette cant hit 190. Bone stock C5's were clocked in many a test topping out at 181.
By the way a 1000HP vette WILL hit 190. Ive personally watched this happen. Ive also seen 1000hp supras clearing the 220mph mark. (These were all done in a legal environment in texas)

Aerodynamics do play a roll, but the T/A & Camaro are not like a brick either. I do not read or value magazine articles & reviews. I personally have never seen a stock LS1 C5 vette clear 180mph. Modified, all day long, stock, thats a stretch.

I just prefer to go off of real world results I have seen duplicated time & time again with these cars by individuals & speed shops across the country. Those results hold more water than magazine reviews ever will to those who build & race/drive these cars daily.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you even read the list of mods? granted the rear is only a 3.42, but the motor ain't stock iron rock 408ci with a piss load of mods.

Why are you comparing it to a stock LS1 comaro? there is nothing stock about the vette!!

Your saying a iron 370 will dino 750, but a 408 with procharger and all the other goodies won't dino 871rwhp? or break into the 190+ range?

Not making much sense ghost writer.......:puppet2:

You might wanna re-read more carefully & notice the part of his description I put in bold. I did not see where a fully built iron 408 was mentioned, but if he only hit 800 to the wheels on that set-up he needs a new builder or better parts combination cause thats seriously weak for a boosted 408.

Latest posts

Top Bottom