Tell me I'm just paranoid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Off topic a bit but I need to know: how did you crack that barrel? Too many high-pressure rounds? Too many rounds, period? That picture has me paranoid. I'm examining my 637 millimeter by millimeter.

Actually thats the alloy frame thats cracked, and thats where those airweights always give, cause its the thinest part of the frame, and receives a good jarring every time the bullet makes the jump from cylinder to forcing cone.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
GED, Stop worrying about the rust. Just get in the habit every night of taking her out and wiping her down with a little oil and rag. Plus you could, and should carry one of the little silicone cloths with you incase it gets wet while your on duty.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Off topic a bit but I need to know: how did you crack that barrel? Too many high-pressure rounds? Too many rounds, period? That picture has me paranoid. I'm examining my 637 millimeter by millimeter.

Just for the record, this is not MY gun. This is a pic from a member over at the Blue forum. but what ldp4570 said is dead on. The Airweights seem to have this problem. I've never seen this with an all steel revolver.

But the magnums do have cracked forcing cone issues. ;)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this issue known to occur on the M&P 340 with its scandium frame?

I'm not sure. I would think that most any alloy type of material would be subject to it. I just really don't know. :scratch:

The bottom line is...IMO, of course...the Airweights are designed to be carried a lot and shot a little. They were designed so that a person has no excuse for not being armed.

Remember Rule #1. Bring a gun.

If you are unfamiliar with The Rules - please click on my signature. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom