Tell me I'm just paranoid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED - wipe the bare metals down with a car or FLOOR wax (liquid wax).

let it dry and buff it out... unless you chemically strip the wax, or have a bad wear spot on the frame where it wears through the wax, you're set... for a year or two.

I stripped all the finish off an old .22 barrel i had as a kid - horrible condition... the hit it with sand paper to smooth out the rough spots... god the buffing marks all in one direction and it looked good. Wiped it down with hard floor wax and let ti dry and buffed it a little more with steel wool (one of the few things that will have an effect on floor wax) to dull it up a bit.

its been sitting in my BATHROOM CLOSET and getting steamed out every moring for over 6 months. Not a spec of rust on it.

Get it soaked and hte water beads off it.

good stuff.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah practice the floor wax on something else first... cause if you have a large flat surface, you'll notice "ridges" or waves in teh wax... but on a brushed barrel, you'll never notice.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most holster makers will include a sweat barrier on their IWB holsters. So you sweating should not be an issue.

That would be great...

...if I wore IWB holsters. :rolleyes2

I've come to two conclusions.

A. I'm gonna trade this thing off for something in stainless.

Or...

B. I'm just gonna deal with it, carry it and if it gets roughed up - so be it!

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Sig 220 Carry model in stainless and have always thought it was stupid that Sig put standard non stainless grip screws on a carry model that was sure to get sweat all over it and then have orange screws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom