The 10MM pistol that everyone has dreamed about owning šŸ˜‰

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll admit I've listened to Vanilla Ice, watched Frozen more than once, but that's a big NOPE
Despite being a 10mm whore, itā€™s a hard no. Besides ammo availability and cost, I canā€™t imagine it be popular in the highest ranked pistol found at a crime scene crowd. Hell maybe, good folk on a budget, it will work so there is that. No delta elite, but sure donā€™t cost it either, nor no where near Glock price. I still wonā€™t own one but it is viable.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked so much sh*t on Taurus last year and ended up buying a TX22 and itā€™s a bada** little pistol. Iā€™ll give Taurus that one.

With saying that though Iā€™m so dang close to buying a Hi-Point just so I can either prove myself wrong or right and see how bad or how good one might be. The money spent on buying one could be spent on ammo though so thatā€™s the kicker.

My wifeā€™s step dad has one but it feels wrong asking somebody if you can shoot their Hi-Point.

Hi-Points and fat girls probably have a lot in common. The #1 thing being no matter how fun they may be you just donā€™t tell your friends about them.

I really need to try one just to say I did. I am talking about the Hi-Point. Not the fat girl.

That's pretty much what I did. All I can say is that they work and they will surprise you. If you don't like it, you can get your money out of it.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked so much sh*t on Taurus last year and ended up buying a TX22 and itā€™s a bada** little pistol. Iā€™ll give Taurus that one.

With saying that though Iā€™m so dang close to buying a Hi-Point just so I can either prove myself wrong or right and see how bad or how good one might be. The money spent on buying one could be spent on ammo though so thatā€™s the kicker.

My wifeā€™s step dad has one but it feels wrong asking somebody if you can shoot their Hi-Point.

Hi-Points and fat girls probably have a lot in common. The #1 thing being no matter how fun they may be you just donā€™t tell your friends about them.

I really need to try one just to say I did. I am talking about the Hi-Point. Not the fat girl.
Both

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have let my friends shoot my Hi-point pistols and they all loved them.
One tiny Asian lady liked my 45 HP much better than the Taurus PT1911.

Nothing wrong with them at all except for the bad mouthing they receive.
But I suppose those that badmouth them do not like all made in America with American parts with Lifetime warranty on the cheap or something.

Not any heavier than the Taurus.
HP is 100% reliable out of the box. The Taurus was not.
I fixed it though.

One buddy is kind of a pistol snob he was a Bounty hunter and likes what he likes and I pull out this Hi-Point 45 at the range when we went and I made him shoot it and he bad mouthed it until he fired the first shot.
After filling the magazine way easier than any pistol he owns and shooting it many more times he stated he wanted to get one now.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's got to be the ugliest handgun I've ever seen.
A challenger appears
maxresdefault.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot a lot of cast bullets in handguns and rifles and just love cast bullets.
One thing these Hi-Points have over other say 1911 style weapons is the entry of the bullet into the chamber being more in line.

It does not force the bullet up into the top of the chamber like a 1911 and so it does not seat the bullet deeper and does not dink the nose of the bullet and does not catch on the mouth of the case upon entry if you do not crimp enough.

Crimp enough?
Yea I do not like to add a crimp to my cast bullet loads because I do not shoot hard cast I shoot powder coated softer cast like 50% clip on wheel weight to 50% soft lead.
This allows the bullet to bump up and seal the grooves quickly and the powder coating eliminates any leading.

I like to shoot on the cheap and lead is the way to go and the Hi-Point allows me to do just that with 100% reliability.
I know many here hunt deer with handguns and I have taken a deer with my 45 Hi-Point pistol.
1 shot DRT.

Now Continue the badmouthing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom