The brisket is done!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brisket is actually a cut that used to get thrown away at one time by butchers way back in the day.

Back in California they dont even know what a brisket is,among other Okie delectables. They do sell a cut of meat though that is similar,Tri-tip, that everyone smokes the same as brisket is done around here and is available in little BBQ stands as sandwiches.

My wife is the grill and smoker master at our house being a born and bred Okie and she smokes some mean brisket. She sits out there with it all day around her beer cooler and her little TV. I'm inside doing the other stuff like the making home fries or potato salad,fried okra, and my moms baked beans(I lay some thick slab bacon on the top of it). I even have the recipe for St Micheals Alley's hot German potato salad.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm now sitting her trying to figure out how to get time in this weekend to somoke the ribs I have in the deep freeze.

I could leave early Friday and and smoke them that evening finishing up around 11. or I could get up nice and early again for a quick 5 hr smoke in the morning. Eat them for lunch. Or Sunday after church fire up the smoker and cook and eat them for dinner.

I need to check with the Mrs. to find out exactly when we are committed. I know Saturday afternoon we are busy so that is out. I'm thinking Saturday morning smoke or Sunday afternoon smoke.

Dang it I'm hungry and salivating again.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You haven't lived until you have some brisket that has smoked all day, all night and half the next day ... GC turned me onto it. Before that I used "liquid smoke" (I know -- the horrors!! :w000t:). The neighbors look for all kinds of reasons to come over when we fire up the smoker. ;) :rollingla

if you don't smoke a briskit your basically making a roast with smoke flavoring. My supervisor here in the office thinks she makes a good brisket by cooking in the oven and adding smoke flavoring, that was until i brought in left overs one day.:owned3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom