The EDC Flashlight Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got one of these for now. Easy on the pocket and very inexpensive

Streamlight microstream
View attachment 22862

Not my image but shows how small it is.

C4 LED technology, with a 50,000 hour lifetime.
Unbreakable and scratch resistant polycarbonate lens.
Up to 683 candela peak beam intensity, 28 lumens typical, 2.25 hours runtime.
One "AAA" alkaline battery.
Push button tail switch momentary or constant on operation.

I have 2 of these. For the money and size it's one of the best on the market.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Nebo based on a few comments here and I sure wish I could return it.

Nebos are hit and miss. I've also seen evidence that several of their lights (the Redline for example) overdrive the LED, shortening the life and leading to burn-out.

My current carry is a 4Sevens Quark123. I like the light just fine, but occasionally find myself wishing I'd went with the Tactical version instead of the Standard. I also have a Quark Turbo AA2, and find the two-mode operation of that light preferable to all the clicking I end up doing with the 123. I sometimes Frankenstein the two together and use the short 123 tube on the ends of the Turbo, making for a small momentary-switch pocket throw light. This is a cool and handy setup, but kind of chubby with the big reflector on the Turbo head. I usually carry the 123 with LiFeP04 rechargeables, which is handy, super-cheap, and less sensitive than standard Lithium ion rechargeables, but at the cost of run-time. If I know I'm going to be stuck in the dark for a while, I'll swap them out with a Surefire CR123A with a spare in the pocket.

My backup is in flux, currently my old iTp EOS A1. A good light, I'm just not enamored with twisties for primary carry anymore, so it's been moved to backup. Kind of bulky for that role (even though it's tiny). I bought a Fenix E01 as a gift, and am considering picking one up for myself. Comparable in size to a Maglite Solitaire, but brighter, tougher, and with insane run-time. The only thing holding me back is that I've seen some of them put off some sickeningly blue or purple light, and I'm leery of that. I know the E05 is brighter and more consistent, but I don't care for the relatively short run time for my last-ditch light.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
still digging my MARATAC AAA pockets light. I run one as a backup on duty and find I use it just as much as my primary light. its a solid rotation between the two AAA standard 3 setting and the new enhanced 2 setting. lots of light for being so small. Yeah the twist on and off is a hassle but I find that the size and life of the light more than make up for the twist on and off for me. I love um.
http://countycomm.com/aaa.html

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just called my gun-parts guy and ordered a Surefire M600c that I'm picking up tomorrow. I wanted the option of using it as a tac light as well as a flashlight, but I didn't want a light that only did a mediocre job at both so a friend suggested the M600c.

Anyone care to share their opinions of the M600c?

For $300+, it better be a pretty darn good tac light/flashlight, but this is my first "good" flashlight purchase (better than Maglite...) so I kind of took a shot in the dark on this one.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of decisions to be made after digging through this thread. I recently picked up a G2x Tactical to mount to my Mossy 590, and my wife absolutely loves it. She asked for a kick ass flashlight for one of her Xmas gifts, and there are a ton of good choices in here that make me want to read a ton of reviews and see what I think would be best for her. I don't usually carry a light unless I'm out with her in the evening, so when she's working late she's been carrying my LD10. I may get her a G2x like mine. Great price and it's absurdly bright.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current EDC is a 4Sevens Mini123. It's a great light for the money. It replaced my Streamlight Stylus pro.

Last edited:

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a fenix pd22 this weekend, and so far I am very pleased. I went on a splurge this weekend and picked up the light and my first benchmade, a mini grip. I have an eagle tac p100c2 that I really like, but it was just bigger than I would really like to pocket. It ended up in most cases either getting left at home or in Backpack which does me no good if I am away from either. It is now a dedicated nightstand light and the fenix pd22 will be carried. It is shorter in length, thinner, has 4 varying brightness modes, as well as a strobe and SOS feature. Very simple user interface as well. Definitely recommend it so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom