The Fort Hood shooting got me thinking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next month, I will be attending my future son-in-law's U.S.Army graduation.

Yes...he's gonna make it. :ooh2:

I really didn't think he would, but I have been proven wrong. :rolleyes2

Anyway...

Because of the shooting at Fort Hood, I'm sure military bases across America are being secured better than ever and buttoned up tighter than a nun's corset. Which makes me wonder...

As an LEO, will I be able to carry my J frame in my front pocket on a military base? What about a "bigger" one in my car? What is the protocol for cops on bases with concealed weapons?

:anyone:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.

GED, that brings back memories. FLW, 40 years ago, there is a reason that called it little Korea back then, same reason they, well that's another story. Be proud of him, the military many times gives a young person a purpose in life, no matter what we may think. I have a privilege of working with some young vets, and they give me hope for this country. Your young relative will continue to make you very, very proud. Thank him for me for his time and effort and you, sir, for yours.
Lone Wolf

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's a negative Ghost Rider. All weapons on post have to be accounted for and secure. Yours would be neither. You can get into big **** for it being anywhere in your car as well.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a negative Ghost Rider. All weapons on post have to be accounted for and secure. Yours would be neither. You can get into big **** for it being anywhere in your car as well.

I wasn't sure on LEO even off duty. If you are driving up it is a very boring drive and not much around. Last time I was there they had kept things pretty tight.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED, that brings back memories. FLW, 40 years ago, there is a reason that called it little Korea back then, same reason they, well that's another story. Be proud of him, the military many times gives a young person a purpose in life, no matter what we may think. I have a privilege of working with some young vets, and they give me hope for this country. Your young relative will continue to make you very, very proud. Thank him for me for his time and effort and you, sir, for yours.
Lone Wolf

Continue? Hell, he hasn't even STARTED yet! :ugh2:

Well...him finishing boot camp is a good start.

Maybe someday I can be proud of him. :rolleyes2

But I DO appreciate the kind words. :respect:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I wonder if it's possible for me to check mine in at the front gate with the MPs? I hate to travel all that way unarmed. :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom