The Fort Hood shooting got me thinking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes there are ways to do it. First contact the base and find out what you have to do.

When I go to Ft.Benning, I have to fill out a Weapons Diclosure and responsibility form. It lists weapons type, caliber, serial # and amount of ammo. IT CAN NOT BE LOADED on base, and it doen't matter at all if you ar L.E. The rest of the Federal transportation stuff applies...locked, ammo not in same container etc.. You give one form to the M.P.s and you keep a form with you.

When I do stuff with the A.M.U. I am allowed to use my own firearms on base, but there are a few steps you have to go through. KurtM

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pre-9/11 after I retired from the US Army it wasn't an issue with LEO's being armed on base, after 9/11 if your not federal LEO, you gotta jump through some hoops, but it is possible.

Here's the PM's number. They will be able to answer all your questions.
Don't ask the first person who answers the phone. Ask for the duty officer, or senior officer on duty.
(573) 596-6141

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next month, I will be attending my future son-in-law's U.S.Army graduation.

Yes...he's gonna make it. :ooh2:

I really didn't think he would, but I have been proven wrong. :rolleyes2:

Heh, graduating basic just means he's capable of flying under the radar. :comfort: Hopefully the .mil will make him realize what he's capable of...it did for me...Hooah.

ETA: Sorry, GED, I got nothin' to add about your original question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom