Thinking of starting an AR build. Which lower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a Rock River 2 stage trigger w/ LPK and the quality was good, but it was my first build so I have nothing to compare it to.

Seemed good to me though, nothing stood out as messed up or ill fitting.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are all about the same. Go to the gunshow and see superdave. He will hook you up and for cheaper than what you are talking about.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a Palmetto State Armory lower with the group buy over on BoomerShooter earlier this year ($59), and I'm extremely happy with the product.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is the fit and finish on the Surplus Arms lowers? I've searched via google and few reviews were unhappy with the finish on it. I know in this day and age you get what you pay for, and I'm trying for the best bang for buck and will hold up for a lifetime. I don't plan on selling an AR if I build it.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a Spikes Tactical lower (it's a blemish lower but for $70 who cares) from AIM Surplus. This will be my second build with Spikes and I love them. Get what you can afford, to me the brand doesn't really matter anymore for the lower, its everything else that will make the difference.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you considered a Plum Crazy Firearms lower? They make a good quality carbon-fiber composite lower. The complete ones sell for $100-120 depending on where you shop. You can use their hw (as in the complete ones) or you can substitute any standard hardware (in their stripped lowers) but you cannot mix & match. I assembled one last year and have been using it since without as problem. Mated to any standard light-weight upper this makes an exceptionally light M-4 (just a little over 5 pounds unloaded). I probably wouldn't make this a primary for heavy duty range use - only because I don't have a long term track record on the wear and tear factor but for general light duty use - it has been great. Oh yes, I also recommend plastic/composite magazines.

glockman25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man those plum crazy are hit and miss and frankly i had one and just couldnt trust it and also it threw of balance of rifle big time but i guess if u have a light upper assembly it might not be too bad but if u have a bull barrell dont even think about it

Latest posts

Top Bottom