Thinking of starting an AR build. Which lower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a S&W lower to start a build. Maybe a CMMG. What's everyone's thoughts on the various lowers out there? I know most lowers are made by 3 or so manufacturers.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Stripped or complete?

IMO, get a stripped lower, and a LPK, and build it yourself. Not hard if you follow directions; and you save some money.

I'd buy the Surplus Arms lower from AIMSurplus for $59.95 + Shipping + Transfer.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surplus Arms, I got a Palmetto State Armory aka PSA, Surplus and Palmetto both are made by the same company who makes Spike's tactical. And I'd throw their hat in the ring for a stripped lower too. They make great products that are affordable.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, the lower receiver itself (as long as it is in spec) is the least important part of the rifle, so I would go with the least expensive one you can find. Spend the money on the best barrel, BCG and FCG you can afford. YMMV

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1st choice would be Loki, just because it's local. Otherwise, get the $59 one from AIM surplus. AIM, Palmetto State, Spikes, and few others are all made by Aero Precisions.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loki weapon systems. Built in Atoka Oklahoma, really great quality and a great price too.
I agree. I have a Loki lower. I really like te quality. I have bought several lowers from PSA. They have all been good quality and the customer service has been great. I like the PSA and DPMS LPKs. I have not been as happy with the Delton LPKs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom