This is why I change my own oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure hope so. Never taken my car to an oil change place but my father did. He came home after and the next morning there was a puddle of oil under his truck. Bastards cross-threaded the drain plug. Their solution was to screw in an oversized plug which still leaked. He had to have the entire drain pan replaced at his expense. 🤬🤬🤬

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure hope so. Never taken my car to an oil change place but my father did. He came home after and the next morning there was a puddle of oil under his truck. Bastards cross-threaded the drain plug. Their solution was to screw in an oversized plug which still leaked. He had to have the entire drain pan replaced at his expense. 🤬🤬🤬
Had a similar experience with Meineke. The one dang time I decided to try and save time by having a "reputable" service company take care of something for me, they screwed it up big time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd bet a six pack that Cavender would have charged her less for the oil change except for using uber cheap oil.

Subaru specs a synthetic oil. I always took my Amsoil and a filter in there and they charged $12.95 plus $1.29 for the drain plug crush gasket to change my oil. So about $15 bucks with me supplying the oil. It's probably a tad higher now but I'd bet labor is still under $20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom